and your opinion Craig?
  • i30 MY14 Trophy Manual Petrol

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Had a brief glimpse over a PD yesterday in the showroom at Rockingham
and your opinion Craig?
Looks from the outside is ok though a bit plain, I couldn't see what the rear looked as they had the hatch up, windows were up so didn't really get a great look inside as you couldn't get closer than a metre with the rope around it :rolleyes:

I've seen it all in the pictures everyone has posted and they pretty much represent what I saw.

Offline stewy76

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Hi There.
Anyone know whether hyundai dealers  are or will be offering 10 year free life time map updates  for GPS in the new i30.

Not 100% sure whether I have this correct in my mind. So please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hi There.
Anyone know whether hyundai dealers  are or will be offering 10 year free life time map updates  for GPS in the new i30.

Not 100% sure whether I have this correct in my mind. So please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks
Unless they have a new policy I'd expect it to be similar to the previous GD model which received 3 years free updates, and they're always a year behind other systems such as Garmin-Tomtom-Metroview

As mentioned in another thread map updates are now free for 10 years :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 09:01:36 by CraigB »

Offline joebris

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane Qld
A Lot of Australian reviews now coming out, here is another, I know this reviewer is polarizing. I maybe one of the few who actually agree with him most of the time. Anyhow he to gives a glowing review

• i30 MY14 Trophy Manual Petrol

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Good review.
Interesting comments re the DCT and also DPFs on diesels.... :sicky:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks Joe, I'll check that out shortly.

I sat in and looked at two PD's at Agfest (Huge agricultural festival in Tasmania with over 700 exhibitors)

A basic dark grey model and the SR pictured below. I think they look better in the flesh particularly in that nice red colour.

I was generally impressed (and I'm not easily impressed these days) I quite like the interior of the SR with the sporty seats and the red highlights.

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
@Dazzler I found the same. I was worried I wasn't going to like the look of the front end after all the pictures but was more that surprised at how damn sexy it really is in person. Was never worried about the rear.
One thing I instantly disliked was the SR alloys with the large centre cap. Don't like it at all.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

@Dazzler I found the same. I was worried I wasn't going to like the look of the front end after all the pictures but was more that surprised at how damn sexy it really is in person. Was never worried about the rear.
One thing I instantly disliked was the SR alloys with the large centre cap. Don't like it at all.

Gee, what are you doing up at this crazy hour @cruiserfied   :crazy1: :snigger:

Funny, I didn't notice how large the centre caps were until you said. I don't mind the wheels and ironically I don't think Trish is convinced about the new styling from what she saw in my photos (she didn't go with me today) but she said, "I like the wheels"  :D

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I didn't notice the wheels either 🙃 Not keen on the centre caps myself😒
Dazz, what's the little gold hatch in the background?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I didn't notice the wheels either 🙃 Not keen on the centre caps myself😒
Dazz, what's the little gold hatch in the background?

Not sure Craig, a Barina maybe (Motors does Holdens too..)

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero

Funny, I didn't notice how large the centre caps were until you said. I don't mind the wheels and ironically I don't think Trish is convinced about the new styling from what she saw in my photos (she didn't go with me today) but she said, "I like the wheels"  :D

I like the wheel itself, just not the centre. First SR I get on my hoist I'm going to pop the cap off and see what's underneath lol.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I like the wheel itself, just not the centre. First SR I get on my hoist I'm going to pop the cap off and see what's underneath lol.

If we ever got one I guess it wouldn't be a huge job to spray the caps to match the wheel colour.  :goodjob:

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero

If we ever got one I guess it wouldn't be a huge job to spray the caps to match the wheel colour.  :goodjob:

Yeah I had that thought too, or spray the rim to match the cap  :razz:
Actually no, I hate factory rims repainted, always look cheap.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yeah I had that thought too, or spray the rim to match the cap  :razz:
Actually no, I hate factory rims repainted, always look cheap.

..and I hate the trend for black wheels (sorry Craig) I think it's an age thing...  :undecided:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Rear end looks more like a i40 wagon & cerato cross , the sr wheels are not impressive to me,
the wheels on the barina are better - suppose its a matter of do you like shiney or matt,
 l like the red. 👍👍.Something to check out in 4 1/2 years time .
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Something to check out in 4 1/2 years time .

They might be releasing the VD by then...

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

..and I hate the trend for black wheels (sorry Craig) I think it's an age thing...  :undecided:
I don't mind Dazz, I don't expect everyone to have good taste like me :wink:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Something to check out in 4 1/2 years time .

They might be releasing the VD by then...

Or the last PD 's  :lol:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Does the diesel i30 have a dpf?
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
In Australia only the PD range.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
With our FD getting into an accident the other week. We test drove the new i30... I thought the GD was an excellent car, but Hyundai have mailed it yet again!

Unbelievable drive. The Active is value packed. We're looking at the i30 SR with the DCT... Awesome transmission that is seriously smooth and fun to drive.

The tech package it class leading and kill absolutely leave the Corolla, 3 and Astra tailing well behind.

The i30 is definitely a competitor against the Golf. Outstanding car.

Our only issue is we love the Elantra SR, I have a big soft spot for sedans.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• 05 Hyundai Elantra Elite 5spd 2.0 Petrol, Black Sedan

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
With our FD getting into an accident the other week. We test drove the new i30... I thought the GD was an excellent car, but Hyundai have mailed it yet again!

Unbelievable drive. The Active is value packed. We're looking at the i30 SR with the DCT... Awesome transmission that is seriously smooth and fun to drive.

The tech package it class leading and kill absolutely leave the Corolla, 3 and Astra tailing well behind.

The i30 is definitely a competitor against the Golf. Outstanding car.

Our only issue is we love the Elantra SR, I have a big soft spot for sedans.

With your history of vehicles its no surprise you like the Elantra.
Have you driven the I30 SR or Elantra SR? The independent rear really adds to the handling dynamic.

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
We went back to the dealership we bought the Santa Fe from the other month. He was great and let us drive the Elantra Elite, Elantra SR, i30 SR and i30 Elite.

We thought the Elantra Elite was nice, but then we drove the SR and was like driving a completely different car. Loved everything about it. The interior and exterior are spot on.

The i30 SR was brilliant as well, the tech being a big selling point.

I think while the i30 SR has great tech, it does miss out on the heated seats, LED head lights and sunroof as standard. If we're spending 30k and wanting to keep the car for a good 5 years +, I reckon the Elantra will be more enjoyable.

Hyundai has done a great job on these two cars.

Once we get the i30 wagon back we'll sell it off and stick with the one car for a few months before make the plunge.

Cruiserfied, do you know of any updates to the Elantra SR in the next couple of months? I'm wondering if they will make a few tweaks to the specs to bring it inline with the i30...

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
We went back to the dealership we bought the Santa Fe from the other month. He was great and let us drive the Elantra Elite, Elantra SR, i30 SR and i30 Elite.

We thought the Elantra Elite was nice, but then we drove the SR and was like driving a completely different car. Loved everything about it. The interior and exterior are spot on.

The i30 SR was brilliant as well, the tech being a big selling point.

I think while the i30 SR has great tech, it does miss out on the heated seats, LED head lights and sunroof as standard. If we're spending 30k and wanting to keep the car for a good 5 years +, I reckon the Elantra will be more enjoyable.

Hyundai has done a great job on these two cars.

Once we get the i30 wagon back we'll sell it off and stick with the one car for a few months before make the plunge.

Cruiserfied, do you know of any updates to the Elantra SR in the next couple of months? I'm wondering if they will make a few tweaks to the specs to bring it inline with the i30...

To be honest i haven't compared the two on paper and still have not driven a PD at all. Been way too busy at work to sneak off in the demo but will definitely have to try this week.

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
Hopefully that DCT transmission is bullet proof. With it being in almost every i30 except that base model, it would kill the i30's reputation. If it was anything but reliable. Wonder how people will go with the 5000km servicing on the petrol turbos. There could be  a lot of neglected i30's in the future

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Wonder how people will go with the 5000km servicing on the petrol turbos. There could be  a lot of neglected i30's in the future
:Shocked:

That's crazy. I thought they were 7500 at one stage but assumed they'd gone to at least 10K now... 5k definitely wouldn't suit me (that's around 5 services a year versus 1 and a half in my current car and most non-turbo Hyundais)  :crazy1:

@CraigB Thanks for the brochure link.  :goodjob:

Offline elantraelite

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne, Victoria
Interesting that the serice intervals on the petrol turbo is now 10,000km... I could have sworn I saw 5000km on the Veloster and Elantra.... I'll have to get ony desktop PC and have a look. Hyundai's​ servicing website doesn't work on tablets and phones properly

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal