i30 Owners Club

Outlaw Nitro Funny Cars

CraigB · 16 · 16355

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Not long home, spent all day and evening catching up with old friends down the old stomping grounds "Perth Motorplex" first major event of the season was an absolute blast with the Nitro Funny Cars, huge crowd attendance, loads of mean machines and other visual stimulation :whistler: not sure if it was the nitro methanol or the bird watching that had my eyes watering most of the evening :snigger:

Plenty of booze was drunk by all, thank Christ I wasn't driving :drinks:

Some Facebook clips of the event below

https://www.facebook.com/motorplex/videos/vb.82152725385/1739352416166499/?type=2&theater

https://www.facebook.com/motorplex/videos/vb.82152725385/309369863032564/?type=2&theater

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach
nitro funny cars are awesome.

Big weekend for motorsport... Summernats in Canberra and Thunder 400 in Brisbane as well !!
  • 2017 Active PD 2.0, Manual, Black

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
The Daughter of one of my old school mates, Zoe Nieuwhof is a champion drag biker based in Perth. She beats plenty of men. Her Dad Paul held a drag bike quarter mile record of 7 something seconds for a while and his wife Julie used to do the bikes too.

His Son Luke is a very successful Photographer/ Journalist for all thing drag related.

Maybe at some point I will time one of my January / July visits with a meet.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Not long home, spent all day and evening catching up with old friends down the old stomping grounds "Perth Motorplex" first major event of the season was an absolute blast with the Nitro Funny Cars, huge crowd attendance, loads of mean machines and other visual stimulation :whistler: not sure if it was the nitro methanol or the bird watching that had my eyes watering most of the evening :snigger:

Plenty of booze was drunk by all, thank Christ I wasn't driving :drinks:

Some Facebook clips of the event below

http://www.facebook.com/motorplex/videos/vb.82152725385/1739352416166499/?type=2&theater

http://www.facebook.com/motorplex/videos/vb.82152725385/309369863032564/?type=2&theater

:cool: :cool:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
The Daughter of one of my old school mates, Zoe Nieuwhof is a champion drag biker based in Perth. She beats plenty of men. Her Dad Paul held a drag bike quarter mile record of 7 something seconds for a while and his wife Julie used to do the bikes too.

His Son Luke is a very successful Photographer/ Journalist for all thing drag related.

Maybe at some point I will time one of my January / July visits with a meet.
We’ve got Street bikes here doing respectable mid 7’s and some street legal cars were dropping into the 8’s.
I was very tempted last night to throw down some cash on a mates LH Torana Super Sedan and get back into racing, really took some soul searching to talk myself out of it and why I no longer race :crazy1: :Pout:

You’ll just miss the next main showing though there are two weekday events for Torana’s and Jap bikes ( Whoop ass Wednesday and Friday ), I think my next meet is is the WA Jet Sprint Club :link: Welcome to West Coast Jet Sprint Club

Harney Photography is who handles all the Dragway related stuff here, they were doing some good shots with the new Drone last night.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 05:51:53 by CraigB »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Luke uses a drone. I'd be surprised if he wasn't there too.

http://www.facebook.com/lukenieuwhofmedia/

He's also editor at drag news magazine

http://au.linkedin.com/in/luke-nieuwhof-325380110

This is Zoe..

She looks more like her mum than she does like her dad!

:link: Zoe Nieuwhof (@zohoffs) ? Instagram photos and videos

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Luke doesn’t do the drags here anymore Dazz, he’s moved to the US and Harney Photography have the contract.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Luke doesn’t do the drags here anymore Dazz, he’s moved to the US and Harney Photography have the contract.

Oh ok. He has a US girlfriend and was commuting. He must have decided to move Stateside permanently.  :goodjob:

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach
Coupla old VW Beetles I was involved in before the sponsor died in a helicopter accident  which in-turn ended the funding and dissolved the race team.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Cool! Or maybe not with that paint scheme. . :snigger:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I can barely remember the Woodstock cars, eastern states mob that came over this way occasionally, we didn't have much to do with them here.

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach
I can barely remember the Woodstock cars, eastern states mob that came over this way occasionally, we didn't have much to do with them here.

We never took the cars to Perth.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

I was fairly sure I's seen one of the Woodstock's here before, if it wasn't Woodstock it might have been one of the other bourbon sponsors I'm thinking of :undecided: how were you involved with the team?

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach

I was fairly sure I's seen one of the Woodstock's here before, if it wasn't Woodstock it might have been one of the other bourbon sponsors I'm thinking of :undecided: how were you involved with the team?

Friends with the owner, helped build both cars and crew and race days.

Thinking about it it is possible they went to perth in 2007 (ish) as I moved to Thailand in late 2006 and had no involvement from then on...but that was around the same time we lost the woodstock sponsorship.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Friends with the owner, helped build both cars and crew and race days.

Thinking about it it is possible they went to perth in 2007 (ish) as I moved to Thailand in late 2006 and had no involvement from then on...but that was around the same time we lost the woodstock sponsorship.

You've done some interesting stuff over the years!  :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Around 2006/2007 was about when I came back from the US after racing over there so that sounds about right if they did venture over this way :goodjob2:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal