i30 Owners Club

What do you do when you are not working?

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
We all have our daily jobs to go to unless you are retired. So do you play sports. hobbies etc.....
Let me start.......

I teach street fighting as it is a totally different concept as compared to regular martial arts.... its like MMA but taken to another level with no holds barr. It is designed so that if you get in a street fight. you walk away with the win..... but then again one might say "if I hit you and you hit me , who won?"

I grow roses for competition

I grow exotic frangipanis that aren't grown in Australia..... all imported stock and seeds

I play competition pool and hope one day (Once covid is finish) that I will represent Australia at the Worls Eight Ball Championships

If I don't make the Ozzy Team I am also an International Umpire for World Eight Ball. So they fly me overseas to umpire at the Worlds. Haven't done it for two years as covid ended up cancelling the Worlds in 2020 and 2021

One last one.... I am a slave to my front lawn of my place..... it is basically a putting green (flat and firm. Just like at a golf course) . This is where my neighbours come over with there putting sticks and we play put put. The pop up sprinkler holes are the put holes.

Also trying to master flying my Spartz drone. I keep losing sight of the little bugger

So much for retirement....... now its your turn

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Nice!
I'm halfway through a month's leave and I use my time renovating our rental properties, designing and printing 3D solutions and staying involved in social, community and professional activities, such as AOC (EW, IA and spectrum professionals), Engineers Australia mentoring, Air Force Cadets, IEEE article editing, broadcasting foreign language radio programs, etc.

I miss some aspects of travel. Like you, John, if not for COVID, I'd still be speaking at conferences overseas.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
That’s quite a bit busier that what I get up to these days John, mostly helping family and friends with computer and electronic entertainment setups.
Martial arts used to be a big part of my life many years ago though back problems put a stop to that, a fair amount of time now devoted to the new motorcycle and some social riding groups since travel has been put on hold.
Trying to get the new girlfriend :) interested in some of the riding activities will add to the appeal and fun of the riding adventures I’m getting into at the moment too :happydance: more when all this bloody rain buggers off :umbrella:

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
By coincidence Craig.... in the last two weeks I have been thinking about getting a bike again. But strictly a dry weather driver.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
By coincidence Craig.... in the last two weeks I have been thinking about getting a bike again. But strictly a dry weather driver.
That’d be great John :goodjob2: it’s a great stress reliever.

I don’t take mine out in the rain either, the cold weather is bad enough :cold:

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I may have said this before but this "no working" thing is overrated...

No weekends.
No public holidays.
No annual leave.
No long service leave.

See what I mean?  😎🤪
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Endeavor

• 2nd Gear

• ca Canada
      BC
Well ... i must be really bad at time management.
Impressive list you have there, neptune.

At this point my time off work is torn between wife, two young kids and our Rhodesian ridgeback.  Work aside, I have a hard time to do anything further than: keep the fridge full, cars running, family members safe,  help cleanup the house, go out for a walk daily, and some other  family activities.
There are many things i want to do, but heck, a day has only 24 hours...or i am just bad at time management.
  • 2012 Elantra Touring FD 2.0 Auto

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal