i30 Owners Club

FD AC Auto on when car starts

Pnut · 11 · 2752

Offline Pnut

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Auckland
I have noticed the AC is set to start when the car starts no matter what setting it was in when the car was last run. My Toyota came the same way but i was able to turn it off via Techstream software and OBD2 connector. Is this something i can change the behavior on the i30 FD?
  • 2011 FD 5 Door Petrol 1.6 Auto Red

Offline Aye30

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth
Hi, Is the car set to defrost window? As that setting enables the ac to dehumidify. If it is not, the selector dial may be faulty, causing the ac to always default on.

Offline Pnut

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Auckland
not set to defrost, though last time i noticed it happening it was set to mix mode legs and windscreen. Pretty sure it doesn't matter where it is set to though. I would have thought if it were the switch then it would jump on and off randomly while driving or would be hard to press to change, but it doesn't do anything like that, it works fine.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Mine used to do that for quite a while, then it stopped doing it. I'm pretty sure it had to do with transients in voltage supply resetting the BCM. At some point I improved headlight earth straps, connections, etc. and it stopped happening.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
I believe there is a sequence of buttons to press to reset the AC system in the FD. It's printed in my manual, but I don't have it near me at the moment and I'm having trouble finding a relevant online one.

Found this online-

If you have a manual AC system:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.2. Turn the mode selection knob to thedefrost position ().3. Push the air intake control button() at least 5 times within 3 seconds. The indicator light in the air intake control button will blink 3 times with 0.5 second of interval. It indicates that the defogging logic is canceled or returned to the programmed status.

And if you have the automatic climate control system:

Turn the ignition switch to the ON position. 2. Select the defrost position by pressing defrost button (3. While holding the air conditioning button (A/C) pressed, press the air intake control button (within 3 seconds. The A/C display blinks 3 times with 0.5second of interval. It indicates that the defogging logic is canceled or returned to the programmed status. If the battery has been discharged or disconnected, it is reset to the defog logic status.

Sorry if it sounds a bit garbled, I copied and pasted from an online manual website. The link is here: :link: Hyundai I30 Owner's Manual (Page 154 of 369) | ManualsLib

• 2007 A4 Avant 2.0T in Phantom Black. Ex-FD owner!

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
^ yeah good one wabbit :D

Might get further experiences by searching for "defogging" in our search box ;)
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Pnut

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Auckland
Thanks, will give that a crack later and let you know if it worked.

Offline Pnut

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Auckland
I believe there is a sequence of buttons to press to reset the AC system in the FD. It's printed in my manual, but I don't have it near me at the moment and I'm having trouble finding a relevant online one.

Found this online-

If you have a manual AC system:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.2. Turn the mode selection knob to thedefrost position ().3. Push the air intake control button() at least 5 times within 3 seconds. The indicator light in the air intake control button will blink 3 times with 0.5 second of interval. It indicates that the defogging logic is canceled or returned to the programmed status.

And if you have the automatic climate control system:

Turn the ignition switch to the ON position. 2. Select the defrost position by pressing defrost button (3. While holding the air conditioning button (A/C) pressed, press the air intake control button (within 3 seconds. The A/C display blinks 3 times with 0.5second of interval. It indicates that the defogging logic is canceled or returned to the programmed status. If the battery has been discharged or disconnected, it is reset to the defog logic status.

Sorry if it sounds a bit garbled, I copied and pasted from an online manual website. The link is here: :link: Hyundai I30 Owner's Manual (Page 154 of 369) | ManualsLib

Thanks mate, that looks like it worked a treat!

Offline Pnut

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Auckland
One thing i have now noticed, since doing this mod the radio always is at zero volume when the car is turned off and started again. Anyone know if there is a setting to start from previous volume?

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
One thing i have now noticed, since doing this mod the radio always is at zero volume when the car is turned off and started again. Anyone know if there is a setting to start from previous volume?
Hmmm, I know the company Caddy that I had, had this functionality, but I've not seen it on an i30 yet.

Perhaps check the radio settings, and turn off any RDS settings that you can find. These can adjust your volume when a 'TA/traffic announcement' signal is received, so ruling that out might make finding the fault a bit easier.
  • 2007 A4 Avant 2.0T in Phantom Black. Ex-FD owner!

Offline Pnut

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Auckland
Thanks. I dont think it has any traffic announcement signal in our head units that i can see. I did dig around and found a setting for initial volume, so at least it now always starts with some volume on instead of awkward silence, if that carried on i would have to learn to strike up better conversations with the wife lol. Ive not seen that setting before though so something new to me.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal