i30 Owners Club

new highway patrol cars

Lakes · 57 · 16555

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I don't get that. The i30 dosen't have those features on the base model yet got 5 stars????
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I don't get that. The i30 dosen't have those features on the base model yet got 5 stars????

But with the i30 you can add them as an option ($1500 I think)

The stupid part is that Auto Expert and I both agree that Lane departure assist is a pain in the ass and I have disabled mine.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia

But with the i30 you can add them as an option ($1500 I think)

The stupid part is that Auto Expert and I both agree that Lane departure assist is a pain in the ass and I have disabled mine.  :cool:

Reckon lane departure would be up there with seatbelt alarms for me....both totally useless, but mandated by ANCAP. Not overly fussed on AEB either...

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I see NSW have put a big order in for the 300C S/T as highway cars.....

Chrysler 300 SRT police car deal done
NSW Police to continue using V8 rear-drive pursuit cars – but this time they’re American muscle-cars
The large and unmistakable grille of Chrysler 300 SRT will soon be a lot more common in the rear-view mirrors of Australian motorists – with sirens and lights.
As we reported in October, the NSW Police force was evaluating the big Chrysler sedan for pursuit duties and now we can confirm it’s a done deal.
A fleet of Chrysler 300 SRTs will become pursuit vehicles when NSW Police takes delivery in 2018, giving it a phalanx of fast rear-drive, V8-powered chase cars.
Peak power of 350kW and torque of 637Nm emanates from the 300 SRT’s 6.4-litre naturally-aspirated HEMI V8. That’s enough twist to propel regular versions of the cars to 100km/h in 4.5 seconds. Top speed is around 280km/h.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 13:54:15 by neptune »

Offline PiL

• 3rd Gear
  • Lord and Master

• au Australia
      Sydney, NSW

• Pump it Loud
Yep apparently they chose the chrysler because it was the closest feel to the outgoing pursuit cars. (RWD v8) Dunno if that's a good reason or not, but wonder at the business case.
How long do these cars serve?
Based on that, was $60k per car a better deal than vic's $120k diesel bmws?
Thinking about fuel consumption, maintenance costs and reliability.
  • GDe i30 tourer elite diesel

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

NSW likes their pursuits.. Auto expert doesn't. .   :evil: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Yep apparently they chose the chrysler because it was the closest feel to the outgoing pursuit cars. (RWD v8) Dunno if that's a good reason or not, but wonder at the business case.

Given Chryslers reliability :whistler: . I wonder who buys them once they are done, though from memory NSW leases their vehicles, so probably not their problem.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I wont watch all 21 minutes of this rubbish, but If you watch some of the chases in QLD, the criminals run riot, until they cross the border and are pursued and captured.

If you want to talk bullshit, have a look at the number of 'evade offences' that are recorded in QLD and how many of those are aprehended.

Here is a case in point; the so called social justice approach, saw numerous people removed from their cars at gunpoint. Over the border in NSW they were chased and caught.....The Qld Approach was to stand by and watch..... Which is better?

:link: Category: | The Courier Mail

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I wont watch all 21 minutes of this rubbish, but If you watch some of the chases in QLD, the criminals run riot, until they cross the border and are pursued and captured.

If you want to talk bullshit, have a look at the number of 'evade offences' that are recorded in QLD and how many of those are aprehended.

Here is a case in point; the so called social justice approach, saw numerous people removed from their cars at gunpoint. Over the border in NSW they were chased and caught.....The Qld Approach was to stand by and watch..... Which is better?

:link: Category: | The Courier Mail

It depends on the crime that has been committed I reckon. A bit like John says. If they've robbed a bank or committed a hhome invasion they should be chased. But, if they take off after being caught doing burnouts, it's a different story.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Yeah it's all hit the fan again in NSW.
Driver failed to stop for RBT , took off, got chased for only a couple of kms until he went down freeway the WRONG way. Police cancelled chase immediately  and area control agreed. 
He kept the hammer down,  lost it , split car in half and killed himself.
No one else was hurt,  (pure luck ).
Personally, 
he didn't bolt for no reason,
only himself killed, 
police only put at risk for a short time,
 no court costs,
win, win, win for the rest of us.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I know the NSW Coroner.....Same bloke who caused the Qld rules.... This will be his first step onto the soapbox. Thanks to him the Commissioner of Police could be held at gunpoint in the back of a car and no one would chase the car.....

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
car manufacturer falt!!
simple fix ... fit breath test to all new cars, have to breath test before car will start!! problem solved.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Given Chryslers reliability :whistler: . I wonder who buys them once they are done, though from memory NSW leases their vehicles, so probably not their problem.

they look good, people with adventure in there blood and a working brain ( they can solve problems themselves ) they buy cars like that.
boring people buy cars that they think will never stop. but look uncool!!

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I still have not seen anymore Volvo's working the roads. but have noticed they are painting the chaser's different so bit harder to spot from rear now. they look more like general duty but they are holden commodores . they don't have the high vis paint.

as for you tv watcher's, have you noticed all your currant affairs is from another state not your own. they are desperate to get viewers!!

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia

they look good, people with adventure in there blood and a working brain ( they can solve problems themselves ) they buy cars like that.

At considerable discounts.... It took my wife 10 phone calls to me to get her car jump started and drive it to the mechanic to have a battery replaced under warranty. If that's adventure, you can have it  :whistler:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

At considerable discounts.... It took my wife 10 phone calls to me to get her car jump started and drive it to the mechanic to have a battery replaced under warranty. If that's adventure, you can have it  :whistler:

not the car the battery, do you have a battery tender like you can have them wired to your battery with a easy plug in, when wife puts car away each night plug it in. tell's you if battery low too. all new cars use a lot of battery power, so these are a good idea as a lot of people just do short trips. so very hard on battery. I have used them on motor bikes for years then started using on car and ute.
I also have a simple light set up you hook up to battery it tell's how many volts can turn on motor turn on lights check charging systemm. they need about 11 volts or they can't run.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW

not the car the battery, do you have a battery tender like you can have them wired to your battery with a easy plug in, when wife puts car away each night plug it in. tell's you if battery low too. all new cars use a lot of battery power, so these are a good idea as a lot of people just do short trips. so very hard on battery. I have used them on motor bikes for years then started using on car and ute.
I also have a simple light set up you hook up to battery it tell's how many volts can turn on motor turn on lights check charging systemm. they need about 11 volts or they can't run.

Yeah lakes, know what you're saying.  When the Ford Rangers came out, everyone was getting flat batteries,  due to extra radios and other chargers we were  using.  If you had a couple of radios 
( different channels ) going and the laptop charging and sitting there with the AC on at idle, after about an hour,  if you turned it off often it wouldn't start due to battery draining.
They don't charge at idle and only charge at a set rate to help fuel economy.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia

I used that as an example of my Wife's problem solving AFTER she had already been told the answer.  As for getting her to pop the bonnet at the end of the day and hook up a battery tender..... :rofl:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

I used that as an example of my Wife's problem solving AFTER she had already been told the answer.  As for getting her to pop the bonnet at the end of the day and hook up a battery tender..... :rofl:

can understand what you mean.
mates partner had horses used a Range Rover discovery, was always costing her money.
she had a battery issue, I asked her lift hood, I hooked up the gizmo I have that lights up how many volt battery has. it was reading 12volt so told her to start in then rev to 3k as was diesel was still only showing 12volt should increase  to 13 volt to indicate regulator working. so told her not the battery see auto electrician. she got it fixed.

that sounds like trouble mick.

you can pick up one of those gizmo's at most auto parts, easy to read and gives you an idea. the idea for wife is if battery not charging catch the bus. lol

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
NSW likes their pursuits.. Auto expert doesn't. .   :evil: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dazz I'm all for cop's working and not budging.

like if they see you speeding I want to be pulled up and booked then I know.
if they don't pull you up and book you, unknown to your self, thats budging.
speed camera's political donation's you don't know about. and some get the whole family involved . so the speeder gets away Scott free was his mum or his sister driving.
so good on new cop's I have not personally meet a bad cop myself, they are fair, they have skill and they have the right tool's, like well set up cars for higher speed's.

if I meet your mate. I'll play the old Elvis song,  less conversion more bite.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yeah, I'm supportive of cops too John.  I don't want them to sit on their hands. Maybe they should have better camera setups that will give photographic evidence of who was driving. If they can intercept them quickly, that's fine. But, if they do a runner it's not worth innocent lives when they run a red light getting away.   :undecided:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Yeah, I'm supportive of cops too John.  I don't want them to sit on their hands. Maybe they should have better camera setups that will give photographic evidence of who was driving. If they can intercept them quickly, that's fine. But, if they do a runner it's not worth innocent lives when they run a red light getting away.   :undecided:

someone once told me in Japan , when you drive you had to put your licence in a holder or something. the speed camera's picked that up, also had to put credit card in another holder and they took the money out of credit card.
I'm not a fan of credit card's or auto deduction, I like to count my money and watch it go!
say what you like but thats how I see it, cash is a legal tender so no way they should try to legally rob your bank account via credit or debit card. amen

Offline i30premy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      NW Sydney Aust
Looks like NSW has decided on the new replacements for their HWP cars - BMW & Chrysler
Proposed NSW HWP Cars
  • i30 GD Premium Petrol Auto 2012 ~ Clean Blue

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks for that Neville. Very interesting. Be quite good cars to get hold when they sell them off.  :cool:

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach

I'd love an ex-chaser 300 SRT !!
  • 2017 Active PD 2.0, Manual, Black

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks beerman, looks good!  :mrgreen:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal