i30 Owners Club

DIY Cruise control /Volume

Burkis · 15 · 6265

Offline Burkis

• 1st Gear

• no Norway
      Norway, Telemark
Hey! So i bought a Hyundai i30 1.4 90hp cw, and i wonder is it possible to install aftermarket cruise controll/volume. I have an aftermarket player (Navi and everything) so getting that to be used with the volume/phone is no problem at all. i have found a place that i can buy everyting i need ( :link: Audio Auto Cruise Switch Retrofit kit for 2013-2016 Hyundai i30 / Elantra GT | eBay ) the seller said he chould check if it fitted my car and it does. but i cant find anywhere to how to install, and the seller specifise it wont follow a manual or anything. But i wondered how much work is it? can someone either explain or give me a video on where all the connector are?

i found this on the forum but thats an older model and i wonder if the connector is there on the 2013 model too? if it,s there then there is no problem at all.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 16:32:13 by Burkis »
  • 2013, CW, 5 Door Hatch, Diesel, 1.4L, Manual, Black

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Birkis,

The problem is, as far as i know, all series 2 (GD) model i30's came with cruise as standard in Australia and most if not all in the UK i suspect too, where a great % of our active members are based.

This limits the amount of people who will have knowledge of a retro fit. As you have already seen there are very few if any posts on here about retro-fitting cruise to a series 2 car.

You could try searching You Tube for adding cruise control to GD i30 and or Elantra GT (USA name for the same car) but think they called series 1 and series 2 Elantra GT.

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

guest9517
Hey! So i bought a Hyundai i30 1.4 90hp cw, and i wonder is it possible to install aftermarket cruise controll/volume. I have an aftermarket player (Navi and everything) so getting that to be used with the volume/phone is no problem at all. i have found a place that i can buy everyting i need ( :link: Audio Auto Cruise Switch Retrofit kit for 2013-2016 Hyundai i30 / Elantra GT | eBay ) the seller said he chould check if it fitted my car and it does. but i cant find anywhere to how to install, and the seller specifise it wont follow a manual or anything. But i wondered how much work is it? can someone either explain or give me a video on where all the connector are?

i found this on the forum but thats an older model and i wonder if the connector is there on the 2013 model too? if it,s there then there is no problem at all.

Hej deroppe

Will continue in english instead of our viking-languages :happydance:

What you could do is enter your VIN on this page: Configuration of car & you can then check what parts-options is valid for your car.

I had som serious fun figuring out how to connect cruise-control on mine i30 ยด15 as i was in same situation like you last summer. Im not sure i got the pin-config anymore, but it is possible to do & figure out via measuring old vs new pins.

(BTW, that seems to be quite an expensive place you found for it...Ill check my old links later today & do remember you need the radio-side too )

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:ta: ChipMIK  Be awesome if we can help our new member!  :happydance:

Offline Burkis

• 1st Gear

• no Norway
      Norway, Telemark
Thanks! Found a seller that whould send me everything with a extension cord that fits in my car :P :P so i wont be needing anything Else or changing the end plug! But, Another question do i need to Take the steering wheel all off or Can i do it with just talking the airbag of and changing it while the steering wheel is still in the car?

Offline Burkis

• 1st Gear

• no Norway
      Norway, Telemark
And, do anyone Know Where i Can Buy the Seat handwheel angel adjuster? Dont Know If thats the Right name for it But hope you understand What i mean😂

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Hi, Burkis. I would call it a manual seat back adjuster, but my quick search hasn't found anything yet. Maybe a member with a parts list can identify it for you.

Your car detail should be:
2013, CW, 5 Door Hatch, Diesel, 1.4L, Manual, Black

But your English is much better than my Norwegian. :lol:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Burkis

• 1st Gear

• no Norway
      Norway, Telemark
 :lol: :lol: :sweating: Thanks dude! fixed it now!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:lol: :lol: :sweating: Thanks dude! fixed it now!

I don't think you need to take the wheel off.  :undecided:

With the seat angle adjustment knob (which you appear to have fixed) I was going to suggest getting one from a wreckers or breakers yard (not sure what you call them over there)  :cool:

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
I don't think you need to take the wheel off.

Not so fast grasshopper ;) If he has to change clock spring, the wheel has to come off. At least on the FD I added the cruise control to. Adding buttons to the wheel means more wiring to be routed through the clock spring and it would be unlikely the factory fitted the "bigger" one.
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I don't think you need to take the wheel off.

Not so fast grasshopper ;) If he has to change clock spring, the wheel has to come off. At least on the FD I added the cruise control to. Adding buttons to the wheel means more wiring to be routed through the clock spring and it would be unlikely the factory fitted the "bigger" one.

Fairy Nuff Hati. I stand corrected. In fact I might even sit down and have a serving of humble pie!  :snigger: :goodjob:

guest9517
Thanks! Found a seller that whould send me everything with a extension cord that fits in my car :P :P so i wont be needing anything Else or changing the end plug! But, Another question do i need to Take the steering wheel all off or Can i do it with just talking the airbag of and changing it while the steering wheel is still in the car?

If the clockspring is same, you dont need the steeringwheel off. BUT be very sure that what he wants to sell you is actually something that fits your car. My MY2015 i30 GDe clockspring doesnt fit anything else on the market with either wrong connectortype or pin-config on connector different to whats being sold. Also do remember that if you got heated steeringwheel, the harness should be prepared for this. (I remember pins for heating element & feedback was ok on the harness i received).

unfortunately i cant find the documentation on rewiring.

Offline Burkis

• 1st Gear

• no Norway
      Norway, Telemark
i have already checked if the clock spring fits it and it does :) So i wont be needing to change clockspring  :P i have ordered the item and will keep you guys updated! especially since its not much information about this on the forum

Offline Burkis

• 1st Gear

• no Norway
      Norway, Telemark
Update! so i got the parts today! and it tokk me under an hour from start to finish! it was waaaay to easy to do! recommend everyone that dosent have it to add it cost me under 200$! ask the seller if they can change the connector wire for you and mine at least will do it! if anybody have any questions on how to do it, just ask and i will try to help you! 

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Update! so i got the parts today! and it tokk me under an hour from start to finish! it was waaaay to easy to do! recommend everyone that dosent have it to add it cost me under 200$! ask the seller if they can change the connector wire for you and mine at least will do it! if anybody have any questions on how to do it, just ask and i will try to help you!

Great to hear. Well done!  :victory:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal