i30 Owners Club

double din bracket 2010 i30cw, do I need one?

Offline Shayneox

• 2nd Gear

• South Korea
Good day all, Im in Korea and just picked up a 2010 i30 and have the most generic stereo ever in it, no bluetooth or nothing.
I am going to install a pioneer 2 din unit. I have found the wiring harness and antenna adaptor and even ordered the new facia from ebay/china.
But cant find the metal mounting bracket.....except in Austrailia (expensive).

Does it need one, or will the factory bracket inside hold it? I pulled the dash apart alreadt as its so easy, and it looks double din ready.

I been through all the topics here and did see one referance to a double din bracket, but that item cant be found anymore.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

• 2010 i30CW

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Shayne!

I can't help with your query, but a big welcome anyway. Hopefully someone can.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline Shayneox

• 2nd Gear

• South Korea
yeah it kinda does....looks like according to that site I wont need it, since I have the double din facia dash peice coming. though it looks as though the stereo will stick out at the top a bit wihtout a proper face plate....but Im willing to bet I can drill new holes on the OEM bracket to get that angled back a bit to look right.

Thanks

• 2010 i30CW

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Offline DCSY

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney NSW
Hey mate, welcome to the forums!

I did an install using a fascia without cutting and I used the factory brackets. The head unit does stick out a bit. But I learnt to deal with it mainly because I only notice it when I look side on. I haven’t seen one with an aftermarket bracket so I don’t know if it helps with the sticking out. That being said , I do prefer it to stick out a touch so the fan at the back of my head unit has a bit more room to breathe.

Short answer: no you don’t need it.
  • I30, 2.0 petrol, cw

Offline Shayneox

• 2nd Gear

• South Korea
Good info....Ill look into that...due to the heat I may have a shop install it for me....just cant see myself installing a sterieo in 95F + weather here in Korea...gonna be 101 and 102 for the next few days....

New fascia is taking long to get here....from China :(

• 2010 i30CW

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

.just can't see myself installing a stereo in 95F + weather here in Korea...gonna be 101 and 102 for the next few days....

New fascia is taking long to get here....from China :(

Interesting you use Farenheit (but that is hot in any scale)  :sweating:

Yeah, distance doesn't always make much difference with freight. Depends on the route it takes to get there.  :cool:

Offline Shayneox

• 2nd Gear

• South Korea
Im an American in Korea :)    you will not change me heathens......or are we the heathens?   fahrenheit for life
Betting that facia is on a boat  :(

• 2010 i30CW

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Im an American in Korea :)    you will not change me heathens......or are we the heathens?   fahrenheit for life
Betting that facia is on a boat  :(

:eek: I am old enough to remember both scales and their relativity. I still occasionally convert them backwards and forwards in my head. In some ways I prefer the Fahrenheit scale. A couple of degrees Celcius can make quite a difference to how hot or cold it feels.

Yes, a slow boat from China is never a good thing.  :lol: 

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal