i30 Owners Club

Favorite past vehicles.

John B · 10 · 2360

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Was  just sitting around this afternoon  ( like you do ) and I started thinking about what was my favorite vehicle, fond memories came flooding back. Out of all my vehicles I have owned my favorite was my Hyundai Terracan 6 cyl petrol manual. I don't suppose it would be every ones cup of tea but I had such a good run out of that 4 wd and it never missed a beat. Towed my caravan as if it was not attached. When we moved from Adelaide to Queensland we took a leisurely three week trip stopping at loads of caravan parks. We encountered floods, good and bad weather, swarms of locust, all sorts of terrain and I enjoyed every moment. I was wondering what was your favorite vehicle you owned in the past and why ?  :D

• Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
With my road licensed vehicles, either the Clubby for the shear thrill of brown note reverberation and feeling like your spine is pulled out of you  :whistler: or my 74 Cooper that put most Bogans with their turbo v6's and V8 into embarrassed amazement :lol:

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Very nice Mini Cooper. Had a friend that raced a Cooper and boy could he handle that car. Went around the bends like it was on a railway track.
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I might have to wait until I get home to my NAS drive! That's a big call when you've had over 30 cars.. I have about 10 that I was very fond of for different reasons, but hard to pick a number one.

Very fond of all of these for different reasons.. in order of ownership.

Fiat 128 3P
Renault 12 Virage 1.4
1991 Nissan Pulsar SSS
1993 Nissan Bluebird SSS
1998 Nissan Pulsar Plus sedan
2006 Hyundai Getz 1.6 Manual
2008 Hyundai i30 CRDi
2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid
2014 Holden Calais V
2018 Hyundai i30 SR

I think the SSS Pulsar was my favourite until I got the I30 CRDi in 2008, maybe outshone by the Calais but will the new SR beat them all (time will tell)
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
 :Shocked: Thats a lot of cars. I like the back to the future 2018 one. :lol:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Very nice Mini Cooper. Had a friend that raced a Cooper and boy could he handle that car. Went around the bends like it was on a railway track.
Yeah nothing else handles like a Mini, I used to bring it down from Wungong Dam on Albany Hwy on a rainy afternoon (wet roads :D) and could throw the handbrake on at 100kph and get it to do 360's for about 50 metres then plant ya foot and take off again :D

215hp on BP100 fuel that little mini...twice the power of the ones raced at Bathurst :Drive:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
:Shocked: Thats a lot of cars. I like the back to the future 2018 one.
They are an MY 2018 l think, because if you google 2017 i30 SR it mostly comes up with the GD SR.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
215hp on BP100 fuel that little mini...twice the power of the ones raced at Bathurst :Drive:

@ CraigB. Very very nice. :goodjob2:

• Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
John, your Terracan reminds me of my parents one but they had the diesel which they towed the caravan around Australia for two years, they were very happy with theirs :goodjob2:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal