Liisa · 322 · 99496

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi.  :)

If there is some part number / batch number can You post it here?  Just to compare if there is some relation to mine symptoms.

Thank You.

@cruiserfied Tim, any chance of digging up a part number for the 1.6 T injectors at some stage please?
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline alexy

• 2nd Gear

• sk Slovakia
      Slovakia
Thank You Dazz...

Unfortunately from Monday 13th of May my car was towed to Hyundai dealer.
While driving 50km with my family I've lost power with " Check engine " light. 
After stop driving the engine was running irregularly.
Service reported to me fault code " Ignition lost on valve 1 and 3 "
So I'm waiting what will be next step.

Crazy.....
  • 2018 PD 5 Door Wagon, Petrol 1.4lt T-GDi, Manual, Red

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thank You Dazz...

Unfortunately from Monday 13th of May my car was towed to Hyundai dealer.
While driving 50km with my family I've lost power with " Check engine " light. 
After stop driving the engine was running irregularly.
Service reported to me fault code " Ignition lost on valve 1 and 3 "
So I'm waiting what will be next step.

Crazy.....

Sorry to hear that, but maybe a blessing in disguise. Hopefully they will now get to the bottom of it.  :cool:

Offline gazman51

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Qld Gold Coast.
G'day
               Well you can add ours to the list
2018 SR Premium

Intermittantly hard to start when warm

When it happens it cranks for 5 to 8 seconds before starting  then it runs rough and at lower RPM than usual and I can often smell fuel

its   not giving the dealer any fault codes

Software update done

we have only used 95 or 98  fuel

The auto link is useless  will not work on my phone

Dealer is submitting a report to Hyundai Aust

Gaz
  • 2018 i30 SR Premium DCT Firey Red

Offline butters7388

• 2nd Gear
I haven't had the issue since my injectors were replaced. It Definitely takes longer to fire up now though with the new injectors.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

G'day
               Well you can add ours to the list
2018 SR Premium

Intermittantly hard to start when warm

When it happens it cranks for 5 to 8 seconds before starting  then it runs rough and at lower RPM than usual and I can often smell fuel

its   not giving the dealer any fault codes

Software update done

we have only used 95 or 98  fuel

The auto link is useless  will not work on my phone

Dealer is submitting a report to Hyundai Aust

Gaz

Sorry to hear that, keep at them!

I haven't had the issue since my injectors were replaced. It Definitely takes longer to fire up now though with the new injectors.

That's interesting. Are you saying you have to crank it more than once?  :undecided:

Offline dinkydong

• 2nd Gear
I experienced the same issue and replaced the injectors on my own. No more long cranks and I no longer smell the strong petrol fumes from the exhaust after starting the engine. The engine starts quickly, cold or hot.

Offline butters7388

• 2nd Gear
Did Hyundai replace yours before you replaced them yourself?

Offline dinkydong

• 2nd Gear
No, they did not because i cannot afford to leave my ride with them for troubleshooting. As there isn't any CELs for my symptom and it does not occur every time, it will be difficult for the dealer to ascertain the fault. I bought 4 genuine MOBIS injectors online and engaged a 3rd party workshop to do the replacement.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

No, they did not because i cannot afford to leave my ride with them for troubleshooting. As there isn't any CELs for my symptom and it does not occur every time, it will be difficult for the dealer to ascertain the fault. I bought 4 genuine MOBIS injectors online and engaged a 3rd party workshop to do the replacement.

:Shocked:

Offline gazman51

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Qld Gold Coast.
Hi All
                 Update for our issue

Dealer has received approval from Hyundai to replace injectors in our car
and parts are ordered

It is booked in on 4th June

Gaz

Offline Paolo5

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Let's hope that this is the cure-all for your car too.

Keep us in the loop...and good luck!

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
You know what is sad about this?

That dealers have so little stock of spare parts they have to order in injectors.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Paolo5

• V.I.P

• au Australia
You know what is sad about this?

That dealers have so little stock of spare parts they have to order in injectors.

It IS sad...and it is also sad that this problem has dragged on for ages.

If I had one of the afflicted SR's, I truly doubt that I would consider ever buying another Hyundai in the future.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Unless it's an item that was used often, it's unlikely the Dealer would hold much is spares.

Now if they had a service campaign / recall running  on these injectors where they were being  replaced for everyone then I'd expect them to be on the shelf.

I get the feeling it's on a case by case basis.

It would be really awesome to get some kind of engineering/technical explanation as to what has gone wrong.

Is this a batch issue?
Wrong Spec?
Is it just  the PD i30?

Is the 1.6 T-GDI not used in other applications like some KIA vehicles, Veloster, Kona etc?

Do they have the same issues?  :question:
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Unless it's an item that was used often, it's unlikely the Dealer would hold much is spares.

Now if they had a service campaign / recall running  on these injectors where they were being  replaced for everyone then I'd expect them to be on the shelf.

It would be really awesome to get some kind of engineering/technical explanation as to what has gone wrong.

Is this a batch issue?
Wrong Spec?
Is it just  the PD i30?

Is the 1.6 T-GDI not used in other applications like some KIA vehicles, Veloster, Kona etc?

Good summary and questions there Gerard.  :goodjob:

You know what is sad. From all the threads on here it is now pretty obvious that the software "fix" does bugger all and that an injector swap is effective. So, why isn't Hyundai being proactive to ensure all dealerships are up to speed and that the affected owners are getting V.I.P. treatment to repair the damage this has caused to the i30's reputation.  :crazy1:

I've hated having to make excuses for  Hyundai and  the PD i30 which I still believe to be an awesome and mostly very reliable car.  :undecided:

Offline gazman51

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Qld Gold Coast.
Judgeing by my experience after the software non fix maybe they have acceped that a real fix is needed
Once I convinced the deaaler staff that our car did have an issue
and when dealer sent the request to Hyundai it was only a few days till todays call

I point out that dealer  staff have not been able to reproduce the problem only herd my description

so maybe it has happened

Garry

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Cheers, Garry,

Whatever the situation now, it is about time. Has been about an 18 month saga on here.  :crazy2:

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

Is this a batch issue?
Wrong Spec?
Is it just  the PD i30?

Good summary and questions there Gerard.  :goodjob:

You know what is sad. From all the threads on here it is now pretty obvious that the software "fix" does bugger all and that an injector swap is effective. So, why isn't Hyundai being proactive to ensure all dealerships are up to speed and that the affected owners are getting V.I.P. treatment to repair the damage this has caused to the i30's reputation.  :crazy1:

I've hated having to make excuses for  Hyundai and  the PD i30 which I still believe to be an awesome and mostly very reliable car.  :undecided:
I honestly believed this would be software and very skeptical on injectors simply because it's not a unique motor to the i30.
Purely based on what I perceived to be logical but with reports or improvements with the injectors, the tech in me is craving to  know why.

Yet to see any part numbers for either the originals and the replacements whether those numbers have been revised or not.

I found this number for Veloster 1.6 T-GDI, 353102B160, also Tuscon  and the GD i30 turbo GDI in Europe MY 2015 -17

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I was always skeptical of it being software as it only affects a certain percentage of SR's (maybe 10% or 20%) You would assume they would all be running the same software. :confused:

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
I was always skeptical of it being software as it only affects a certain percentage of SR's (maybe 10% or 20%) You would assume they would all be running the same software. :confused:
Well, we're just a bunch of skeptics then  :lol:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:mrgreen: :goodjob:

Offline gazman51

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Qld Gold Coast.
Its an example of why however strong the desire I do not buy when a new model comes out

Nature of the industry  the first to experience an issue will have a more difficult path to a fix

All this was unknown to when we decided on what to buy

and believe me I googled a lot of i30 problems search variations
and still got involved

Are overseas markets having this problem as well?

Gaz

Offline dinkydong

• 2nd Gear

Is this a batch issue?
Wrong Spec?
Is it just  the PD i30?

It affects 1.4 tgdi models as well.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Its an example of why however strong the desire I do not buy when a new model comes out

Nature of the industry  the first to experience an issue will have a more difficult path to a fix

All this was unknown to when we decided on what to buy

and believe me I googled a lot of i30 problems search variations
and still got involved

Are overseas markets having this problem as well?

Gaz

...and yet, I've jumped in on quite a few new models early including a June 2017 PD SR, without any dramas.

Is this a batch issue?
Wrong Spec?
Is it just  the PD i30?

It affects 1.4 tgdi models as well.

Which is interesting because I think they are exclusively built in a different factory in the Czech Republic.

Whereas the 1.6T is built in Korea for delivery to Australia, NZ and Canada amongst others, but excluding Europe.

I believe there have been reports of the same issue in Canada and maybe the USA too...

You wouldn't think they would have the exact same injectors (including a bad batch)  :undecided:

Offline dinkydong

• 2nd Gear
1st pic.. The old leaking injectors

2nd and 3rd pic.. Brand new ones

A recommendation for those who will be replacing their injectors. Get your mechanic to check your intake manifold and valves (the intake manifold has to be removed before the injectors can be replaced). It's likely that your intake ports and valves will have a significant buildup of carbon deposit. Gdi + turbocharging is a recipe for bad carbon buildups.

Offline alexy

• 2nd Gear

• sk Slovakia
      Slovakia
Hi guys :-)

Long time no see. :Shocked:
I have to correct : 1,4 TGDI and 1,6 TGDI are assembled in Korea and shipped to Czech republic and Slovakia for assembly.
Factory in CZ is building gearboxes and factory in Slovakia ( Zilina ) is producing 1,6 CDRI engines and maybe 1,4MPI engines.

Last Friday I get back my car from dealer. They changed 4 spark plugs, 4 injectors and ignition coil on 3rd valve.
Till now the car is running smoothly and quiet. I will post here P/No of replaced injectors.

Thank You for cooperation. :)
  • 2018 PD 5 Door Wagon, Petrol 1.4lt T-GDi, Manual, Red

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

A recommendation for those who will be replacing their injectors. Get your mechanic to check your intake manifold and valves (the intake manifold has to be removed before the injectors can be replaced). It's likely that your intake ports and valves will have a significant buildup of carbon deposit. Gdi + turbocharging is a recipe for bad carbon buildups.

So it appears likely the part numbers were the same old and new?  Did a quick search and same injector fitted to some 1.0, 1.4 T-GDI motors also

Offline dinkydong

• 2nd Gear

So it appears likely the part numbers were the same old and new?  Did a quick search and same injector fitted to some 1.0, 1.4 T-GDI motors also
Same part no.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

@alexy

Thanks for the info. Fingers crossed.  :fingers:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal