The i30 Owners Club

Recent Posts

INTERIOR / Re: Modifying the boot for full size spare wheel
« Last post by Craig1 May 16, 2022, 00:10:59 »
Hi Heidi,
Great post looking to do the same to my I30N will it work for I30N? and what the biggest tyre on 18 inch wheel for spare wheel you can have?

Any feedback would be great.

Cheers
GENERAL / Help - Noise when going downhill
« Last post by Charney May 14, 2022, 17:26:29 »
My i30 is making a drumming sound when going downhill. It almost sounds like it’s rotational. Appears to be coming from the rear drivers side. Any help appreciated!
Driver Related (assistive tech, boy's toys etc) / Re: Dashcam Recs
« Last post by AlanHo May 12, 2022, 12:40:47 »
I recommend the VIOFO A119 V3 - I have one at the front and a second on the rear window. They have been reliable and the image quality is excellent.

http://tinyurl.com/56d5ajdd

I also recommend the Samsung Pro Enddurance sd cards. I have had long term reliability issues with Integral and Sandisk cards - even the high endurance ones - but the Samsung ones are worth the extra cost

https://tinyurl.com/y9xuwast
@Nev75 One more question, I presume being built specially for the i30 that its pretty much plug and play, no need to cut and splice wires on the install?
Car Related (any make, any model) / Re: Mid size SUV max $30,000
« Last post by BC May 12, 2022, 09:16:43 »
With the CW no longer available in AU, top of the list for my next car is the Kia Seltos. It seems to tick most of the boxes.
I use for music and podcasts mainly. Works wonderfully well, especially with Android Auto (and I assume Carplay too). I assume audiobooks (e.g via Audible) would work well also. I have since installed the reversing camera, and all working fine, only that the camera they supplied was a cheapie (was a"free gift") so the quality isn't the greatest, but I have since purchased a much better cam, haven't got around to installing it yet. Steering wheel controls work well also.
Car Related (any make, any model) / Re: Mid size SUV max $30,000
« Last post by pidim May 12, 2022, 04:45:46 »
I'd be inclined to wait for the new Corolla Cross due later this year - and get it in a hybrid.
GENERAL / OBD2 datalink connector pinout?
« Last post by crappy May 12, 2022, 02:18:39 »

Good morning, recently purchased a 2008 i30 diesel.

My question is, can someone please take a photo of their OBD port so I can see if mine is configured the same? Looking at the service manual and mine doesn't match up to the service manuals pin locations! When I connect the OBD2 connector to the software program its not picking up the oxygen sensor! I was thinking someone has fiddled with it to hide the fact that the car is stuffed. So far I've cleaned all the crap from the EGR system; It was really bad.

Mine has the catalytic converter underneath the car which I cleaned yesterday.
Im not getting black smoke anymore, its white smoke now  :crazy1:
I think the problem might be the EGR valve is not working properly, anyway whatever!
I have replaced the fuel filter, oil filter, cleaned the injectors, replaced glow rods, etc
I just want to confirm the OBD2 port pinout,...
Any photos would be awesome thanks in advance!!!
Pics & Vids / Re: The most ironic errer ever made?
« Last post by Surferdude May 12, 2022, 00:49:50 »
There's a very expensive private school in our suburb. A few years ago, on one of those signs you use corflute letters to write your own message, they proclaimed, "Inrole now for next year".

Took them a week to correct it.

And the local golf club which includes Greg Norman's mother among its membership has a massive billboard on the nearest roundabout.

They had the message repainted to advertise its wide ranging dining options.

"Awesome new menu in our Brassiere"

That one took a month to correct.
Pics & Vids / The most ironic errer ever made?
« Last post by Shambles May 11, 2022, 12:24:16 »
Quote from: The BBC
A council has promised it "must try harder" after misspelling a leading school ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-61394607

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal