i30 Owners Club

Some shots from my car

meehalych · 340 · 90464

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
Here are videos for everyone to be familiar with the place I live in (these two show the entrance to Kolpino, some areas of the city and a car accident in the very beginning  :D )

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Interesting, at the start of the first video, did the car in front of you have faulty tail lights OR are the supposed to flicker on and off like they did ????

:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

asathorny
It is how the camcorder is shooting the LED lights, the same picture is with LED traffic lights

Two more from a trip

Here is a trip on the map

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Really enjoyed the trip.

Looks a vey clean area

Is there a story behind the graffiti on the walls?

What was on the dash as it was reflecting on the screen?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

Really enjoyed the trip.

Looks a vey clean area

Is there a story behind the graffiti on the walls?

What was on the dash as it was reflecting on the screen?

Well I doubt there is a story behind those graffiti examples, I guess it was drawn for fun only.

Those things, which reflection is seen on all of my videos are:  a small icon of three holy men and il-86 aircraft

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

The second video: I went to a kindergarten I used to go to being a child, moreover my mother works there as a teacher, so we went to upload some goods she had bought in Saint-Petersburg (this is where we were coming from on that video)
The third video: I'm appearing at 01.22 minute  :D; at 04.45 I am passing by my school

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Loved the videos. Looks really interesting and the city reminds me so much to some of the cities in Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia.. (former Yugoslavian countries). You can really see the resemblance and it proves how the two countries had the same "system"..

P.S.: That guy in the Passat in the first video. Does he pass you again at the end of that video? Around 4:50 or smth like that. And was there something burning somewhere, that he had to overtake the truck in a place like that? :) That normally happens there? :D 

P.S.2: A lot of car look quite dirty  :-[ Was the weather bad or is it just the road being dirty all the time? I normally don't see that many dirty cars around here.. Usually everybody takes takes them to car wash once in a week or two weeks and the roads in cities are usually cleaned with the trucks-cleaners so the cars don't get that much dirt on them.

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

Loved the videos. Looks really interesting and the city reminds me so much to some of the cities in Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia.. (former Yugoslavian countries). You can really see the resemblance and it proves how the two countries had the same "system"..

P.S.: That guy in the Passat in the first video. Does he pass you again at the end of that video? Around 4:50 or smth like that. And was there something burning somewhere, that he had to overtake the truck in a place like that? :) That normally happens there? :D 

P.S.2: A lot of car look quite dirty  :-[ Was the weather bad or is it just the road being dirty all the time? I normally don't see that many dirty cars around here.. Usually everybody takes takes them to car wash once in a week or two weeks and the roads in cities are usually cleaned with the trucks-cleaners so the cars don't get that much dirt on them.
Thank you accim
I have watched your videos placed here  :goodjob2:, especially loved the one with two cars being steered by woman

No, that was a different car as the registration plates are different, unless the guy has got a device used by spies, that enables him to swap the plates around  :D
Well, that is a style of driving, I was musing of overtaking that truck myself, but decided against.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr

Thank you accim
I have watched your videos placed here  :goodjob2:, especially loved the one with two cars being steered by woman

No, that was a different car as the registration plates are different, unless the guy has got a device used by spies, that enables him to swap the plates around  :D
Well, that is a style of driving, I was musing of overtaking that truck myself, but decided against.

Haha, okay I understand.

One more question.. In percentage, how many drives are men and how many women.. Just wondering.. Last day I was counting how it is in Slovenia -> took "50 vehicles pattern" (approx 50 vehicles going in an opposite direction) and did it twice (once in the morning and next time at around 17h (5pm)) and counted the female and male drives. In some cases the man/woman was driving alone, in some cases man was driving a woman and in some, woman was driving a man. Just regular situation.

The result was next:
at 8am there were 28 female drivers and 31 male drivers
at 5pm there were 29 female drivers and 36 male drivers

So, usually it's quite close 50:50. How is it in Russia?

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

Haha, okay I understand.

One more question.. In percentage, how many drives are men and how many women.. Just wondering.. Last day I was counting how it is in Slovenia -> took "50 vehicles pattern" (approx 50 vehicles going in an opposite direction) and did it twice (once in the morning and next time at around 17h (5pm)) and counted the female and male drives. In some cases the man/woman was driving alone, in some cases man was driving a woman and in some, woman was driving a man. Just regular situation.

The result was next:
at 8am there were 28 female drivers and 31 male drivers
at 5pm there were 29 female drivers and 36 male drivers

So, usually it's quite close 50:50. How is it in Russia?

Well I have never pondered over this subject, nor tried to reckon the drivers in percentage.
I think the situation may be more or less equal to one of yours.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for the Videos.. Nice to see you  :lol: :goodjob:

I also notice how dirty some of the cars were.. We have an unsealed driveway and sometimes don't wash our cars for month  :-[  But never THAT dirty.. :Shocked:

Another thing I noticed in one video was cars parked where they wouldn't be allowed over here .. The lane wasn't wide enough for two cars so you had to cross into the other lane a bit to get around them.. :sweating:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

Thanks for the Videos.. Nice to see you  :lol: :goodjob:

I also notice how dirty some of the cars were.. We have an unsealed driveway and sometimes don't wash our cars for month  :-[  But never THAT dirty.. :Shocked:

Another thing I noticed in one video was cars parked where they wouldn't be allowed over here .. The lane wasn't wide enough for two cars so you had to cross into the other lane a bit to get around them.. :sweating:

Thank you.
Well to begin with, mine is dirty too a little bit, it is rain season now and washing the car means wasting the money, cause it will be dirt again once one has left the car washing.
As far as the parking issue was concerned I'd like to tell you that people have to park their cars in every free spot as we are lacking the space for cars, the territory around the buildings were designed in USSR and wasn't meant to accommodate the number of vehicles we have got nowadays, fortunately I have always had the space for my car along my house.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I meant like from around 1.20 in Video MOV412 ...  :winker: (not in the yard of your apartment)

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

I meant like from around 1.20 in Video MOV412 ...  :winker: (not in the yard of your apartment)
That is allowed according to the rules: one may park a car unless it is forbidden by the sign, but the distance from the car side up to the center line, separating the traffic or if there is no one or in case of a dashed line (like we see on the video) up to the opposite margin of the road is to be not less than 3 meter.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

It would be a "clearway" with no standing signs on a road that narrow down here..You shouldn't have to cross the line to get past the cars in my opinion (I know you don't make the rules)  :whistler:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

A car accident was shot by my camcorder while coming home from the airport on the highway, which surrounds Saint-Petersburg, involving 5 cars (speed limit on that road is 110km/h). I think the most probable reasons were: high speed; rain and lack of attention 

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I will have to watch it again later .. I didn't see any accident  :whistler: Gee your roads are dark  :Shocked: Our highways that big have reflectors in the middle and down the sides mostly  :goodjob:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

I will have to watch it again later .. I didn't see any accident  :whistler: Gee your roads are dark  :Shocked: Our highways that big have reflectors in the middle and down the sides mostly  :goodjob:
That what the video starts with, I'm passing by the cars standing in the center of the highway in the very beginning

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Oh O/K .. I though you actually caught it happening... :cool:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr

What do you mean with reflectors on the highway? I can't imagine you having reflectors all the way (let's say 50 or 100 km of highway) :) We have reflectors like the ones in that video, only if the highway is passing a town or a gas station on a highway.. Things like that..(so that means 1-10 km), but other then that, it's dark dark dark.

It's probably the same there too and I've probably misunderstood it, but if not...wow!

meehalych: Good thing you weren't there 10/15 min earlier, a?

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

That is a harsh driving - white Peugeot at 04:36

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

Well I think those accidents happened at least one hour before I passed by that place as one can see a Police car standing there with roof lights on.

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
Well I think those accidents happened at least one hour before I passed by that place as one can see a Police car standing there with roof lights on.

But police should be there in 10-15 min after the accident?  :confused:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

But police should be there in 10-15 min after the accident?  :confused:
I'm not sure Russian police is that fast to arrive, whereas 1 hour is a more real time term

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

What do you mean with reflectors on the highway? I can't imagine you having reflectors all the way

I will have to make more of a note on our next night trip, but certainly on highway between Burnie and Devonport (50Km) I think they are all the way.. Can't remember it being that dark and hard to see the edges and centreline.. :confused:

Police within 15 minutes here too I would expect (unless it happened way out of town)  :cool:

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
What do you mean with reflectors on the highway? I can't imagine you having reflectors all the way

I will have to make more of a note on our next night trip, but certainly on highway between Burnie and Devonport (50Km) I think they are all the way.. Can't remember it being that dark and hard to see the edges and centreline.. :confused:

Police within 15 minutes here too I would expect (unless it happened way out of town)  :cool:

Meehalych, I hope you don't mind I use your topic for one video - I would post it in my thread, but the video itself isn't worth posting. Just trying to show the lights/dark.

Look Dazz, I was setting the camera (phone) and the holder today - testing the rattle and different speed and setting. I think I know how it should be set -> the first position, how it started seemed to be okay. Everything after that, made it worse.. Rattle, vibrating.. Anyways, here you can see, that highway is quite dark (the highway part is from 5:10 on). And all the highways here look like that. I thought it's the same everywhere.. Would love if there were some lights thought.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Accim , atleast your white lines are nice and bright.. like ours are on main highways..  :cool:

I'll try to remember to post some night video next time we go on the highway at night. 

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

accim
What does that letter A placed in square drawn on the road at 4-th minute when you are turning right mean?

Offline accim

• 6th Gear

• si Slovenia
      Slovenia

• Europe - Slovenia
    • Flickr
accim
What does that letter A placed in square drawn on the road at 4-th minute when you are turning right mean?

Oh the "A". It's just a sign, that tells you, that if you want to go to Austria (country), you should turn here right.. The Austrian/Slovenian border is around 20 km from there. I guess it's there, so the tourists, which were in let's say Kranj or around it, could find their way out of there easier.

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

Oh the "A". It's just a sign, that tells you, that if you want to go to Austria (country), you should turn here right.. The Austrian/Slovenian border is around 20 km from there. I guess it's there, so the tourists, which were in let's say Kranj or around it, could find their way out of there easier.
Ah, I thought it indicated either a bus stop or a lane for public transport only

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal