i30 Owners Club

Dashcam Incident

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I have a video from my dashcam that I'm trying to post but I can't remember how I did it last time and nothing is working.
I have uploaded it from my video camera and have it as a short cut on my desk top.
How do I get it from there to here because it isn't letting me copy & paste it?
Thanks.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Upload it to youtube or photobucket, then paste the link from there to here
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
That's a coincidence ....

I had a dashcam incident the other day too .. It fell off the screen and banged me on the knee  :fum: :rofl:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

That's a coincidence ....

I had a dashcam incident the other day too .. It fell off the screen and banged me on the knee  :fum: :rofl:

It probably got sick of your American accent, Dazz.  :rofl:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Oi beeen doin' a Yorkshire one lately  :P

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Oi beeen doin' a Yorkshire one lately  :P

Being from Yorkshire myself, I'd like to hear that!  :lol:

According to Ewe Choob, only 77 minutes remaing.  :rolleyes:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

My You Tube video got to 63% about an hour and a half ago  :rolleyes: and is stuck on 63%.

What to do?

Any suggestions?
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

My You Tube video got to 63% about an hour and a half ago  :rolleyes: and is stuck on 63%.

What to do?

Any suggestions?

Which browser are you using Dave?.. I used to have trouble with You tube using Explorer 9 but it works much better with uploads using Chrome  :cool:

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

OK, got there.

This happened this morning so please ignore the time/date shown on the video. I haven't worked out how to adjust that.

I attend a meeting every week (usually on a Tuesday) which is held at two different houses on alternate weeks.

One week, I would travel straight ahead at this intersection and on the other week, I would turn right.

This week, it was held at the house where I should have gone straight ahead but as I approached this intersection I had an overwhelming urge to turn right so I moved into the right hand turn lane.

This actually took me way off course and made it a long journey, but as it turns out it was a good thing because ordinarily I would have been in the lane immediately to the left of where I actually was.

I do not know why this happened, as I am normally in no doubt as to which way I need to go.

Anyhow, I'm glad I turned right because as you will see, where I would have been positioned had I not done so was right in the path of the Commodore and I would have been well and truly cleaned up.

I guess some things happen for a reason.

• Tertius the i30

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Would that be the ambulance's fault?

I'd say no.

Stupid reaction from the pickup...
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Dave I occassionally have trouble uploading to you tube and I cancel the upload and retry,normally uploads within minutes the second time,talking cams the one I got gives a beautiful clear picture,but lighting has to be just right,where does everyone else set theirs up,because of the reverse veiw camera I have mine high right one the drivers side so it does not obstruct my clear veiw of the road,which meNS THE REVERSE Camera picks up what is beside me or what is coming up,but if the sun is in the wrong position it causes a bit of havoc with the filming,any suggestions,to cut the light back,I haven't found a setting to darken the picture,only has a day or night setting.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Dave I occassionally have trouble uploading to you tube and I cancel the upload and retry,normally uploads within minutes the second time,talking cams the one I got gives a beautiful clear picture,but lighting has to be just right,where does everyone else set theirs up,because of the reverse veiw camera I have mine high right one the drivers side so it does not obstruct my clear veiw of the road,which meNS THE REVERSE Camera picks up what is beside me or what is coming up,but if the sun is in the wrong position it causes a bit of havoc with the filming,any suggestions,to cut the light back,I haven't found a setting to darken the picture,only has a day or night setting.

Mine is mounted at the top of the screen on the left side of the rear view mirror.

Would that be the ambulance's fault?

I'd say no.

Stupid reaction from the pickup...

Yes, I agree.
The ambulance was certainly aware the crash had happened but kept going to its original job.
I'm just glad I changed lanes.  :sweating:
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
As the Ambulance driver was the only one paying attention,maybe it would hve been better if the dope in the ute didn't see him at all,but having said that the bloke in the commodore was travelling way to fast and close to the ute,I won't even comment on the dick in the 4x4 and trailer,after the incident he was going to happily sail through a red light but hten thought better of it, this is the perfect example of people being on the road that shouldn't be,just watching this film I noticed the ambulance creeping into the intersection well before you even got into the turning lane also heard the siren,I'm sure most PPL drive round with their heads up their bums.
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Yes, I saw (and heard) the ambulance early and just watched it all unfold in front of me.
The lady in the Commodore was accelerating into the intersection at the same time as the guy in the ute was baraking then when she realized what was happening it was too late.
It's a bit hard to see in the video, but the guy with the trailer on actually steered towards my car to avoid hitting the Commodore.
I'm glad he didn't collect me.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia

• miracles can happen
Yes I did notice that and then I realised he had a tandem trailer on that must have gotten fairly close

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
The yellow sign before the lights/intersections:

Be Prepared to STOP

Not taking heed of the warning
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Jean lives.  :D

Glad you took that detour Dave  :sweating:

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
What yellow light?
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Good to see you and your car made it through the drama ok, Dave.... :goodjob:

While it's easy to shit can people, try seeing it from their point of view.

I'm assuming they were travelling at the speed limit and, as there was a green light, the last thing you'd be expecting is for someone to suddenly slam on the anchors in front of you.
It would be easy enough for the Commodore driver to have been momentarily distracted by the ambulance and to then not see the ute in front slamming on the brakes straight away.
While none of that excuses them, as, by law you must travel at a speed through an intersection that would enable you to avoid a collision, it's certainly not hard to see how something like that ended up happening.  :undecided:

As for the driver of the 4X4, I thought he did a pretty good job of pulling up without giving the Commodore a shunt....
Obviously he was flustered after it which is why he started to play follow the leader and entered the intersection until he woke up to the fact the lights had changed to red.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
The Commodore had decided that she didn't need about 1.8 seconds of the 2 second gap she should have left between herself and the ute. So when the ute hit the picks, it was always going to end in tears. She was too close, she paid the price.

Old mate in the ute appears to have reacted to the slow movement of the Ambulance. He obviously was oblivious to it being there.

Neither of them cover themselves in glory, as the Ambulance was fairly obvious on the right, it was sitting in a strange spot on the road, so it should have at least triggered a slow down into the intersection. A second glance would have shown what was going on.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
At the end of the day it's all just speculation as we really can't see what transpired before they came into view...  :undecided:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
What yellow light?

sign.

One on the left, pavement, another on the right, middle divide between carriageway
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
Don't forget to buy your lotto ticket Dave ;)
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

Don't forget to buy your lotto ticket Dave ;)

Yes, I've tried that before.
When I was younger I once walked along a footpath underneath a shop's overhanging verandah that had been there for the past fifty years or so.
As soon as I cleared the end of it, it all came crashing down on to the footpath. After all those years it just gave way.  :scared:
I didn't win anything.   :disapp:
  • Tertius the i30

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal