i30 Owners Club

Sad new's on Fuel

Lakes · 7 · 3659

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
I had read in papers they were talking about closing NSW only refinery @ Kernell.
but saw a friend who drives tankers he said all NSW fuel comes from Singapore now & not as good as it used to be. but thats, Caltex, BP & Mobil. as they all came from the one refinery. Shell had a refinery at Clyde not sure if that is still operating too? but this is petrol . the Diesel comes from some other country. so it's all sub standard to what we got before. this is NSW, other states different. if your petrol car ping's under hard exelleration in NSW you know why. but in the past BP ultimate 98 petrol was better as my friend that has a engine Dyno tests fuel before he dyno's motors , as puts the info into computer that work's out efficiency . nothing will be made in Australia soon, bit of a worry don't you think?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Yes, John. Definitely a worry! :Pout:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
A tanker load of unleaded would be pretty dangerous, compared to a tanker of crude. Both vey dangerous of course, but the volatility of unleaded.  :Shocked:
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
How are they going to mix the ethanol when the Queensland Government mandates it?

Another reason to own a diesel......
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Did not know that Beerman, i'm not sure on if ethanol a bad thing or not , but i know one thing you use more of it to go same distance , as air fuel ratio for normal petrol is around 13.0 AFR  for ethanol it is around 9.0 AFT ( the smaller the afr number the richer the mixture.
so hope the price is cheaper, but if the % is low you won't notice economy drop much those figures were for 100%

Another thing to worry about with no refinery in NSW is are they stock piling in case of a supply problem. thats a worry to security too.

anyone that drove in the 70's will remember what it was like fuel rationing. :disapp:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I guess they could mix it off the ship.

Any time one state mandates something different to all the others you can bet it will cost more....
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I guess they could mix it off the ship.

Any time one state mandates something different to all the others you can bet it will cost more....

might be just to support the sugar industry, in south america they make there fuel from sugar.?
so when there is a cyclone the price goes up, like bananas.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal