Los Angeles glass slide opens 1,000ft up skyscraper

eye30 · 2 · 1646

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
A glass slide fixed 1,000ft (305m) along the outside of a skyscraper in Los Angeles opens to the public on Saturday.

The Skyslide spans 45 ft from the 70th to the 69th floor of the US Bank Tower in the city.

Despite being made of glass just one inch thick, it is built to withstand hurricane-force winds and earthquakes.

Tickets cost $25 (£18) each. It is part of the Skyspacerenovation that also includes an observation deck.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36630113
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Lester

• 5th Gear

• au Australia
      Batemans Bay, NSW
A glass slide fixed 1,000ft (305m) along the outside of a skyscraper in Los Angeles opens to the public on Saturday.

The Skyslide spans 45 ft from the 70th to the 69th floor of the US Bank Tower in the city.

Despite being made of glass just one inch thick, it is built to withstand hurricane-force winds and earthquakes.

Tickets cost $25 (£18) each. It is part of the Skyspacerenovation that also includes an observation deck.

:link: Los Angeles glass slide opens 1,000ft up skyscraper - BBC News

Actually Uncle Les arrives at LAX on November 12, staying a few days on the west coast pre cruise from LA to Panama Canal.   Might check that adventure out.  :victory:   I wonder if it would resist a 9.9 on ye olde Richter Scale when the 'Big One' hits?  :Shocked: :scared:
  • FD i30 Trophy

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal