i30 Owners Club

i30 3dr 2013 Fuel Consumption

Offline Vivalazuzu

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Western Sydney
Hello All,

i have managed to get down to 5.9ltrs/100 in the 1.6 ltr GD 3DR.

I was obviously driving to Melbourne from Sydney and back again, and was wondering if anyone has managed to either match this or come close?

Around town i am averaging around 6.3-6.7 per 100.

When i had the work car FD CRDi i30 1.6 i managed to get 4.1 per 100 (that was GREAT!).
  • 2013 GD 3 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt, 6spd Manual, Silver

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hyundai Petrol engines aren't really known for their fuel efficiency, but the little 1.6 GDI in your 3 door and my wife's 2014 Tourer is not bad. We seem to be getting low 6's most of the time, don't think we've got into the 5's though.

Tasmania is quite hilly and we have quite a few roads with 110kph limits  so on the odd occasion* when we take her on a long trip we aren't likely to get as low as you did. I guess the extra weight of the wagon wouldn't help matters either.   

* Our second car and has only done 21K in 39 months.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
When mine was stock the best I ever got was 4.6 though normally it would sit around 5.5, average now days is 5.8 with the tune and exhaust plus intake enhancements :)

Offline Vivalazuzu

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Western Sydney
When mine was stock the best I ever got was 4.6 though normally it would sit around 5.5, average now days is 5.8 with the tune and exhaust plus intake enhancements :)

How did you manage to get 4.6? Do you drive it like a grandma? (jokes).. or do you drive long distances? That is so low.. Do i need to possibly change something?
  • 2013 GD 3 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt, 6spd Manual, Silver

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

How did you manage to get 4.6? Do you drive it like a grandma? (jokes).. or do you drive long distances? That is so low.. Do i need to possibly change something?
Getting 4.6 was on a long round trip down south and back, all fwy/hwy with flat roads and good traffic flows sitting on 80 to 110kph the whole way, 5.5 was the norm for 50/50 hwy and city driving.

I would have been driving like a grandma :D just to see how low I could get the avg down to over the tank.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Hi,
Best was 5.7/100, usual ave is 6.3 - 6.7 / 100 on trips.
Town 7.5 - 7.9 ave. Worst in town was 12.5 / 100.

Our 4wd is 12 - 14 on a trip,  up to 18 around town.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
up to 18 around town
:faint:

I'll never again complain about Firty's bad days in the high 4s. :lol:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal