i30 Owners Club

Ho, Ho, Ho. Xmas Pressie .

mickd · 18 · 3540

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Xmas pressie to self.
Is calling it "Blacky" wrong,  or is "Whitey" wrong.
Anyway No.4 . Factory Black with blue metallic flake. Heated grips, wind deflectors on grips.

• 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I thought the Webber was your pressie...you must have been a very good boy this year Mick for two pressie's :)

Nice bike :goodjob2:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Not too good  Craig. I've been told that this, the 4th,  is the last one. Must agree,  4 of the one model is enough.  Though a FJR 1300 , all deck out would be nice   :D
Maybe next year or 2020  :winker:

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Nice :goodjob:

Is it a branny?  You guys have waaaay too much money  :scared:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Not too good  Craig. I've been told that this, the 4th,  is the last one. Must agree,  4 of the one model is enough.  Though a FJR 1300 , all deck out would be nice   :D
Maybe next year or 2020  :winker:
You must be keen on em to have four of the same :)

You would probably like the GSX 1400 (big brother to yours) that I had, bloody great cruiser but no good for my back anymore so it was given to my father and he had a couple of falls on it and lost the confidence to ride anymore so it now resides with my brother who was glad to have it...he even sold his Ducati to keep the GSX 1400 :)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Only made them for 3 years. The return of the UJM.
 Bandits evolved from these and the 1400 from the Bandit.
GSXR1100 slingshot engine with 750 carbs, balance shaft, shaft drive & old style steel double cradle frame. Cheap to make and 240km/r top speed in 12 seconds.
You can still worry many a modern 1000 cc plus bikes.
The looks you get when you say its a 1992 model  with almost 100, 000 km :lol:  :rofl:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Nice :goodjob:

Is it a branny?  You guys have waaaay too much money  :scared:
@Shambles
1993 model , 120, 000km

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
hey good stuff Mick!!
you got 4 of them??
you would be an expert on them Mick!!

we will have to go for a ride one day!

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Xmas pressie to self.
Is calling it "Blacky" wrong,  or is "Whitey" wrong.
Anyway No.4 . Factory Black , Call it what you like m8!! a mate names his after women, one is Jeniffer ( after Jen Hawkins )

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
hey good stuff Mick!!
you got 4 of them??
you would be an expert on them Mick!!

we will have to go for a ride one day!

Sure thing, in the new year   :goodjob:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Bluey given a quick check over.
Wiring for heated grips rerouted for now.  12v outlet and wiring removed, need small terminal block for all connections and slimline outlet. Front brake lever moved back to no.2 position. Clutch felt funny, acuator pin inside handle had 6mm cut off it, (someone had short fingers ) replaced and all normal. Replaced cable tie on fuel line at petcock only to have brass tube pull out when bolting back in. Replaced petcock and all good. Went for quick spin. Pipes are there, baffles have had surgery  :lol: , sounds like K&N air filter fitted. Brakes, box, engine good.
So far so good,   :goodjob:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
We're heading out for a quick spin later this week,  a quick once over and tyre pressure check.
 :Shocked: :Shocked: Both tyre valves badly perished, front leaking once back at pressure.
So,

and while at it, grease drive slines, clean brake cylinders, check pads , change diff oil, front mud flap  😀
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 07:17:06 by mickd »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
We're heading out for a quick spin later this week,  a quick once over and tyre pressure check.
 :Shocked: :Shocked: Both tyre valves badly perished, front leaking once back at pressure.
So,

and while at it, grease drive slines, clean brake cylinders, check pads , change diff oil, front mud flap  😀

Can't you use one of the other 3??  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Yeah Dazz, will probably take the Red one instead, but we haven't been out on this one yet.
Better to get these repairs out of the way, as opposed to leaving it till later. With the intake and exhaust mods on this one  it makes it even zoomier to ride  :cool: Riding and maintenance of them is why I have them  :happydance:. As for the other two,  grey 1 is for parts and  Red's sister is a long term "survivor" project  :D.

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
I bought a new Honda CB400ABS in January 2015.
I've done 580 kms on it.
Which is probably a good thing because after I bought mine, they continued selling them for only a few months and then stopped bringing them into Australia.
And being a sought-after bike, there's a pretty big demand for them and should I decide to sell, I'd have to have the closest to new one available.
I paid almost $15,000 for it on road, at a time when you could buy a Honda 750 for @ $10,000, built outside of Japan.
But the quality difference is amazing.
I'm happy I went with the Japanese built in-line 4 cylinder 400.  :)
  • Tertius the i30

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
 :cool:, good move  :goodjob:.
 Definitely a difference between Japanese made and "elsewhere" even though it's a Japanese brand.  Many brands are suffering problems with quality and material consistency across the board. Cant see many around in 30 years

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Dave that's good, if a bike feels good I can't stop riding them. have ridden the sporty 10,000k since the rebuild and not trying.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Dave that's good, if a bike feels good I can't stop riding them. have ridden the sporty 10,000k since the rebuild and not trying.

:eek:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal