Clueless! Calls for inquiry into police probe on Gatwick drone chaos

eye30 · 21 · 4498

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Well will we ever get an answer...... Did this make the aussie news?

Police have today been slammed for their 'appalling investigation' into the Gatwick chaos after they held a married couple for nearly two days without charge before admitting 'there may never have been a drone.

'https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6525559/Clueless-Calls-inquiry-police-probe-Gatwick-drone-chaos.html

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Why is it police? It would be CASA here.

• A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline wooly

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Tasmania
At the risk of being labled a redneck, I can't understand why the coppers didn't just shoot the thing down.
A good shooter with a 12g shotgun would bring that thing down in 2 seconds.  :scared:
  • 2018 PD2 i30 Elite 2.0 white

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Now that the horse has bolted...

There is hidden content here which only members can see. Please Login or Register.
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Now that the horse has bolted...

There is hidden content here which only members can see. Please Login or Register.

Taking a page from the Brexit debacle ; Minister "Wallace did not specify what systems could be used to address the threat of drones, nor how quickly or on what scale they could be deployed".  :rolleyes:

Never to be out done, our CASA "said that 'drone-detecting sensors' would be installed at airports ".

One presumes that they mean 'at Australian airports'.  :undecided:
One also wonders what will occur after the "sensors" (aka. eyes turned skyward) detect a drone.  :phone1:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach
At the risk of being labled a redneck, I can't understand why the coppers didn't just shoot the thing down.
A good shooter with a 12g shotgun would bring that thing down in 2 seconds.  :scared:

lol, not a chance would they use a shotty unless it was 10ft in front of them.
  • 2017 Active PD 2.0, Manual, Black

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Double trouble!

I have an interest in this case
 http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjOzfzz7LnfAhWLRY8KHTHbAYYQFjAAegQIAxAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.northweststar.com.au%2Fstory%2F5335936%2Fcase-drags-on-for-accused-pilot%2F&usg=AOvVaw1-i84cQQ1zZCSVKtJCLG-A

Been 5 years, CASA let him keep flying, cops havnt got him to Court yet

Mate of mine left for dead, lost his business.

With respect,  342 charges and 49,000 pages of evidence is some brief. Thats a  fair body of work especally for an area like Mt Isa.  I love how the defence whinge that they get too much evidence, yet if you left one page out they would whinge that it is the exact page they were looking for. Can't have it both ways....

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

Double trouble!

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjOzfzz7LnfAhWLRY8KHTHbAYYQFjAAegQIAxAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.northweststar.com.au%2Fstory%2F5335936%2Fcase-drags-on-for-accused-pilot%2F&usg=AOvVaw1-i84cQQ1zZCSVKtJCLG-A

With respect,  342 charges and 49,000 pages of evidence is some brief. Thats a  fair body of work especally for an area like Mt Isa.  I love how the defence whinge that they get too much evidence, yet if you left one page out they would whinge that it is the exact page they were looking for. Can't have it both ways....

@beerman
Mate, there is a lot to this story,  already published news , so can repeat this;
 Josh Hoch was running an air charter business. he Operated out of Charters Towers and Mnt Isa.
His opposition's planes were getting their fuel spiked with glass beads. 2 made emergency landings. Suspicion was on Hoch, Casa suspended his licence.
Election time, Bob Katter et al needed to tour the electorate, coincidentally, Hoch gets his license back, Katter Party then pays him $250,000 for charter flights.
My long time friend, pilot and aircraft engineer, Denis Beahan, was checking his workshop at Charters one night. He knew Hoch and is no fool. He was struck on the head and has permanent brain damage.

http://www.facebook.com/thenorthernminer/posts/a-former-charters-towers-business-owner-pilot-and-chamber-of-commerce-and-mines-/1602350156448194/

The case is not slow just because its at a rinky-dink out-back town. It is, as you can see involving Police, Public Servants and Politicians.
Charges are laid for every person who was endangered .
 The case must come to trial in the jurisdiction where the offences allegedly occurred.
 Hoch is facing 5 life sentences, he must be well represented, it is probable that the case will eventually be heard in the Brizzy Supreme Court.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 02:41:33 by nzenigma »

Offline Barbarulo

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2018 SR Premium PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6 "Blue"

I had the same thought, but if they're not even sure they were there, then they've shut down the airport on the report of an unconfirmed sighting (I guess they have to err on the side of caution), not even seen by police. If the police did witness and were armed with appropriate weaponry, they have to ensure public safety. Not a simple matter.
  • 2018 SR Premium PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt turbo DCT, Blue

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Double trouble!

@beerman
Mate, there is a lot to this story,  already published news , so can repeat this;
 Josh Hoch was running an air charter business. he Operated out of Charters Towers and Mnt Isa.
His opposition's planes were getting their fuel spiked with glass beads. 2 made emergency landings. Suspicion was on Hoch, Casa suspended his licence.
Election time, Bob Katter et al needed to tour the electorate, coincidentally, Hoch gets his license back, Katter Party then pays him $250,000 for charter flights.
My long time friend, pilot and aircraft engineer, Denis Beahan, was checking his workshop at Charters one night. He knew Hoch and is no fool. He was struck on the head and has permanent brain damage.

http://www.facebook.com/thenorthernminer/posts/a-former-charters-towers-business-owner-pilot-and-chamber-of-commerce-and-mines-/1602350156448194/

The case is not slow just because its at a rinky-dink out-back town. It is, as you can see involving Police, Public Servants and Politicians.
 The case must come to trial in the jurisdiction where the offences allegedly occurred.
 Hoch is facing 5 life sentences, he must be well represented, it is probable that the case will eventually be heard in the Brizzy Supreme Court.

I still maintain that if the offences had occurred in Archerfield airport the resources thrown at the matter would have been much greater. I also think the committal would have been handled by the DPP who would have more resources to throw at it.

Putting together a 49k page BOE would be an effort and a half in Brisbane, it would be an even greater effort in the Isa.

As for the lawyer he has a number of interests in draging the chain, and the Judicary will let them do it.

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

Double trouble!

@beerman

I still maintain that if the offences had occurred in Archerfield airport the resources thrown at the matter would have been much greater. I also think the committal would have been handled by the DPP who would have more resources to throw at it.

Putting together a 49k page BOE would be an effort and a half in Brisbane, it would be an even greater effort in the Isa.

As for the lawyer he has a number of interests in draging the chain, and the Judicary will let them do it.

Lawyers on both sides will be having a picnic.
I would suggest that the BOE has/is being created in Brisbane and ...um Canberra.?
Bear in mind CASA has egg plastered all over its faceless entity.
The downing of the charter planes and other damage to engines appears to have been kept under wraps until Denis was attacked.
Katter, who was both friend of Denis and beneficiary of Hoch's licence renewal has remained uncharacteristically silent.  :rolleyes:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Can't believe that a "reputable" news outlet has jumped all over this following a tip off.
I was thinking of ACA or  60 minutes. If ABC 7:30 did it,  it would unfortunately only been seen by <20% of  population.

• 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Can't believe that a "reputable" news outlet has jumped all over this following a tip off.
I was thinking of ACA or  60 minutes. If ABC 7:30 did it,  it would unfortunately only been seen by <20% of  population.
  :MeToo:

Not sure how far they can go without prejudicing the forthcoming  :whistler: trial

Watch the ABC  :goodjob2: at least 20% will get a factual report.  :evil:

Me thinks there is an opportunity for a future book. Surely some investigative reporter is sniffing the wind already.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal