Speed limit technology to be implemented in all new cars by 2022

eye30 · 7 · 2477

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Speed limiters will be made compulsory fitted to all new vehicles in 2022 under proposals put forward by the European Union and this will be copied by the UK Government, as confirmed by the Department of Transport. The official purpose of the speed limiters is that it will reduce road deaths by 20%, however drivers can still override the stated speed limit if they need to in case of an emergency manoeuvre.

https://www.petrolprices.com/news/speed-limit-technology-to-be-implemented-in-all-new-cars-by-2022/

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Paolo39

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Leicester

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Easy peasy... people will just buy near new ones instead, without the limiters...  :crazy1:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Most of our "smart" sensors that are already in the cars, can read the posted speed limit/advice signs now. GPS /Satnav systems warn when over "known " limit, but as yet , nothing is linked to vehicle speed.
If this were implemented :
A) Possible reduction in road toll where only speed was the sole factor , would not affect, poor skill / concentration,  D & A driving, etc statistics.
B) Lost revenue for gov coffers - increase in rego etc.
C) Would be totally pointless in any city as for 98% of the time you can't reach posted speed limit.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Speed limiting vehicles is not going to happen in the Uk

By 2022 Corbyn's left wing loonies will be in government nationalising the railways, buses and all other forms of transport. They will ban private ownership of cars and require everyone to travel on public transport by 2030 - which has already been announced.

They will slash fares, double the bus service routes, slash taxes and create social Utopia where all are equal.

So stop fretting guys - our main worry is that motoring forums will no longer have anything to talk about
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
our main worry is that motoring forums will no longer have anything to talk about

:disapp:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal