Bike work.

mickd · 88 · 22668

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Life Support Equipment Senior Design Engineer and Airworthiness Standards Representative,

:faint:

I'm impressed.  :cool:  The entire first page of any correspondence must have been the letterhead.

:goodjob2:
Between that and the postnominals, I was left with just two lines of text for the subject matter. :crazy1: :lol:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Life Support Equipment Senior Design Engineer and Airworthiness Standards Representative,

:faint:

I'm impressed.  :cool:  The entire first page of any correspondence must have been the letterhead.

:goodjob2:
Between that and the postnominals, I was left with just two lines of text for the subject matter. :crazy1: :lol:

:rofl:
A man of few words . :lol:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
A brighter red would have been better,  but, much better than pink.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Clutch master cylinder- old internals on display.
6"" shifter for size comparison.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Slave cylinder after 2 weeks in the WD40 bath.
It separated  :happydance:

Yeah a bit shitty, scrape the crap out,

Time for the dremel, oops, Ozito rotary tool and tiny wire wheel.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 06:36:06 by mickd »

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :lol:
Time for the dremel, oops, Ozito rotary tool
Funny, I often use the same line.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
:lol:
Time for the dremel, oops, Ozito rotary tool
Funny, I often use the same line.
I could have got a Dremel, but preferred the Ozito, with stand, flexible drive shaft, different size collars. Was cheaper too. :goodjob:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Quote from: mickd
I could have got a Dremel, but preferred the Ozito, with stand, flexible drive shaft, different size collars. Was cheaper too. :goodjob:
Yes, same good gear here, all in a neat carry case with lots of attachments. I even printed a fan to save me stopping and blowing.  :lol:

:link: Rotary tool Fan - Dremel and others by Tomodachi1 - Thingiverse

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Yes, same good gear here, all in a neat carry case with lots of attachments. I even printed a fan to save me stopping and blowing.  :lol:

Cool idea..  :P :D
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

It is.  :goodjob2:

Ive seen Ozito tools ( tile and jig saws) being used on work sites. They have a short life compared with good Jap or US equipment. But they are so cheap and work well its a no brainer, especially now that adding US transport cost almost doubles the machine or parts price.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Ive seen Ozito tools ( tile and jig saws) being used on work sites. They have a short life compared with good Jap or US equipment. But they are so cheap and work well its a no brainer, especially now that adding US transport cost almost doubles the machine or parts price.
Have an Ozito reciprocating saw that has been abused from day one.
The amount of work it's done down in dirt is huge and still going strong.
Horses for courses, have a AEG 650w drill now 40 yo and unstoppable.
Usually by items with steel gears. Have a Bosch jigsaw that has cutting over its
depth range heaps of times, just bought a new blade clamp screw for it $ 5:50.

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

Have an Ozito reciprocating saw that has been abused from day one.
The amount of work it's done down in dirt is huge and still going strong.
Horses for courses, have a AEG 650w drill now 40 yo and unstoppable.
Usually by items with steel gears. Have a Bosch jigsaw that has cutting over its
depth range heaps of times, just bought a new blade clamp screw for it $ 5:50.

I still have an Ozito jigsaw I bought for $20 when they first appeared at Bunnings.  :goodjob2:
All my original Hitachi saws and drills are still with me. :goodjob2:
Also have Bosch and Makita gear, :goodjob2:
On one of my trips into a Bunnings Trade center, I scored a 254 mm AEG mitre saw and stand for about $600. Magic : :happydance:
A new Ryobi  :spitty: :spitty: :spitty: belt sander melted due to overheating bearings.
And after one days use, a new Spanish :spitty: :spitty: :spitty: :spitty: drop saw was so dangerous it was threatening to kill my chippy mate, it went to the tip.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Slave finished,  forgot to take pic until assembled ,  :head_knock:

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
Slave finished,  forgot to take pic until assembled
That is very poor form :D Go back and disassemble it quick smart then take those photos :D

• 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Slave finished,  forgot to take pic until assembled
That is very poor form :D Go back and disassemble it quick smart then take those photos :D
You know , I actually did think of doing that !.
Then I thought " don't be so f#cking stupid!, give yourself an uppercut "

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
Yeah, I know the feeling, was in the same boat when I split in half both my Beemers for clutch replacement on one and gearbox and balancer shaft seals on the other. Luckily the lack of photos did not catch me out.
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Bike work was put on hold for few days,  getting things moved out for painters and new carpet and curtains & blinds, oh, and getting kitchen done. Painter is going to 2pack the doors and the cupboards and bench tops and tile slash back. Then air brush bench tops to create marble. Bench top is 8m long in total, with 13 m of cupboard . I get to polish stainless cooktop, rangehood  :rolleyes:
Anyway, went to do more work,  :Shocked:, Bandy had a flat rear. F-ing tel screw, removed rear wheel and WTF, I'm covered in graphite grease  :eek:.
Realised then that the, cheap,  black chain and sprockets are not black, but coated in graphite.   :crazy1: :crazy1:
So is, underside of chain guard-5mm , inside of swingarm-2mm, centrestand -2mm, from front sprocket to back of starter & waterpump & clutch rod etc is totally packed in it.  :crazy1: :crazy1:
Searched invoices for work done : front sprocket $180, rear $85, chain DID Titanium Nitride $350, labour $130. Modern chains have O or X rings to hold grease inside the roller and only need a very little bit of oil .  After 3 days of using kero, wd40, degreaser, a truck load of rags, gloves, scrapers it's now ready for reassembly in the morning.

Flat was fixed by local tyre dealer as well.  :goodjob:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Gee, I vaguely recall the carpet (pinkish) was a bit worn, but though the rest of your place was very schmik!  :Shocked:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Gee, I vaguely recall the carpet (pinkish) was a bit worn, but though the rest of your place was very schmik!  :Shocked:
Pinkish ?, close, how about 47 shades if green. Hang on,  you were wearing the hat whilst here.  :lol:
Badly faded green carpet, cream kitchen and walls.
Sample of how benchtop will look, all cupboards white & middle colour for tiles.
See what happens when you can't go away to exotic places, like Tas

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :goodjob: Noice!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Sorry I must have been thinking of another Mick with that colour!  :crazy1:

Yep that will look great when finished. Say hi to the lovely Anita from us.  :victory:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
CLEANER ! ! !

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
 :DoubleKiss: ooooORGASMIC !!!!

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Well !, forget about those pics of the bench & kitchen etc.
Quite calmly and quietly Pulled our painter up regarding having our 2 lounges, otterman & bespoke tables uncovered  and getting covered in dust, (about 20k worth & Red velvet lounge got paint on it) and the paint on our fabric bed base and the tear in the fabric on the other side.

He packed up, left the 2 apprentices to do touch ups and clean up.

Ensuite, main bed,  craft room and lounge done.

:disapp:   :crazy1:

Offline Hati

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Perth WA
CLEANER ! ! !
Indeed but that chain looks a bit tight to me ;)
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Well !, forget about those pics of the bench & kitchen etc.
Quite calmly and quietly Pulled our painter up regarding having our 2 lounges, otterman & bespoke tables uncovered  and getting covered in dust, (about 20k worth & Red velvet lounge got paint on it) and the paint on our fabric bed base and the tear in the fabric on the other side.

He packed up, left the 2 apprentices to do touch ups and clean up.

Ensuite, main bed,  craft room and lounge done.

Bugger! Compensation?

Impressive cleanup on the bike!  :eek: :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
our painter

"painter"  :head_knock:  being the operative word.

I once engaged an Italian to paint the interior of a rental house. The chosen colour was off-white. He employed a Samoan lad to do the work.
At the end off the week I inspected the Samoan's meticulous work. Perfect; except that Italian had cocked up the colour code and now every room was painted purple.  :crazy1:

Conference time!!!! :phone1: :phone1:

Italian blamed everyone else but himself.

Samoan lad said; "I was wondering about it, eh! But, I didn't have change for the phone box so I couldn't ring up and find out, eh! This colour would look real nice back in Samoa, eh!

Italian repainted the house.  :goodjob2:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
@Dazzler
Nothing outlaid by us, so one less drama there.
@nzenigma
I don't get it ?! ?!, what's wrong with purple ??  🤢🤢🤮🤮

Won't be paying for any work not fully completed, or any paint or materials ordered. He must have had a rethink , had email blaming his 2 apprentice for it all and that it could have all handled better by both. Think he just realised that his quote of app $22k has just taken a hiding and wants back in,  :rofl: :rofl:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal