i30 Owners Club

PD i30 Boot Trim removal - Anyone know how?

Offline mrpayner

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Ballarat
Hey everyone ..

So I had a bit on an oopsies .. I backed into the bin that was near the garage door whilst I was looking down the passenger side mirror to clear stuff and not in the reversing camera. Whoops. Anyway, I want to have a look behind the trim in the boot to make sure the dent place can fix it okay [and also to avoid the dent place breaking clips!]

There are the two screws in the grab handles, I've removed the little access panels and can see at least two clips on either side which look like you can slide the trim off them by pulling them towards the bottom of the boot lid itself, rather than just out [if that makes sense].

Am I on the right track there? Do I just need to give it a good pull?  :D

Cheers.
  • 2019 Hyundai i30 N-Line Premium - 1.6lt T - DCT - Fluidic Metal

Offline mrpayner

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Ballarat
In answer to the above .. you have to remove the entire trim from the top centre of the rear window down..   

Link to the bookface post .. Clickity Link.
  • 2019 Hyundai i30 N-Line Premium - 1.6lt T - DCT - Fluidic Metal

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
In answer to the above .. you have to remove the entire trim from the top centre of the rear window down..   

Link to the bookface post .. Clickity Link.

Thanks for linking the two M8. I might do a bit of that if I get a chance mutual sharing of info between our FB and Forum sites. I might have to wait for the 2nd wave of Covid hits Tassie as I'm having too much fun out and about at the moment!  :snigger:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal