i30 Owners Club

Head unit not working

Offline 05newcombec

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have a 2012 Style Nav and my head unit won't respond to my touch.
Sometimes works but very rarely does, buttons work fine but not everything can be done with buttons i.e inputting destination on satnav.
I was informed it might be a firmware issue but can't seem to fine how to get it sorted online.
Here is my system information and a picture of my head unit (not sure what model it is) any help would be appreciated.
Thanks guys

• 2012 i30 style nav

Offline pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I have a 2012 also and about 3-4 years ago had a problem where I thought it was not responding to touch.  After spending time on it, realised that the touch point was not aligned and had to press slightly "off target" for the button I wanted for it to pick up.  Some Hyundais like the Accent had a touch calibration system but this one does not.  In the end, my dealer attempted to upgrade the firmware and bricked my unit.  After trying to charge me for a new one, I dug in and they gave me a brand new one out of the warranty period.

Offline 05newcombec

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Hi thanks for the reply. I also find that sometimes, the alignment is just off a bit.thinking I'll just get a new unit put in it doesn't seem like a fixable problem
  • 2012 i30 style nav

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal