i30 Owners Club

can't reset factory gps 2015 GD1.

Offline the donn

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      bundeena nsw
hi guys . my head unit came up with this error screen about a week ago //  "start exe. has encountered an error and must shut down".   But I can't get it to shut down or reset.! have tried various on of sequences, removed and replaced the fuse, push and hold reset button so far nothing will clear the error screen.. only the reverse camera is working , if anyone has a solution that would be fantastic . otherwise looks like I'll be looking for suggestions for an after market GPS unit. :(  , thanks guys   :
  • 2015 i30 GD hatch 1.8ltr petrol auto

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
You could try disconnecting the negative battery lead for 30 minutes, that will also reset your trip/mileage settings but it's the best way to reset the vehicle.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
'Start.exe' sounds like it runs on something like WindowsCE. If the battery reset doesn't work, try powering it up with your laptop connected into the USB.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline the donn

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      bundeena nsw
thanks I thought of doing that but I don't have a reset code for the head unit ,so was leaving it for a last resort ,looks like its time ,thanks again for your help I let you know how it goes on the weekend :goodjob2:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I don't have a reset code for the head unit
Australian GD models don't require a code.

Offline the donn

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      bundeena nsw
great no code required, :that's a bonus   :happydance:

Offline the donn

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      bundeena nsw
well that didn't work so I guess it,s about time to give up :'(  could I ask, did I post my original question in the correct area/board ? I was hoping this was a common problem and that there  would be more solutions .. thank you very much for your input ,,cheers ,Donn.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
There are areas perhaps more suited to this type of problem such as :link: ELECTRICAL | ELECTRONIC | AUDIO, but new posts are just as visible regardless of where they're posted. It's not a common problem at all from what I've seen on the forum. You could try your dealer for any insight or even source a 2nd hand head unit for changeover or parts.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal