My Nursing Duties

AlanHo · 3 · 1230

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
We had to return 3 days early from a 7 day holiday near Welshpool. My wife Libby has had an increasing problem with her right knee for a month or two. The doctor's exam over the phone concluded she needed Physio exercises, referred her to the local hospital and prescribed co-codamol (which didn't work). 3 weeks later she got a phone call from the physiotherapist which lasted at least 30 minutes and concluded with her being referred for an X-Ray.

During the holiday her pain suddenly became excruciating and she was not able to put her foot on the floor which stopped us from going out. The cottage owner had a walking frame in her garage left behind by her late mother and that enabled Libby to hobble about the cottage a bit - but getting up and down the stairs on her bum was an ordeal, so we came home complete with the walking frame kindly donated.

When we got home on Saturday there was a letter from the hospital advising an appointment for an X-ray for tomorrow, Tuesday. Progress at last.

I now regret getting rid of a wheelchair that had taken space in our garage for a few years (used by an old blind friend for whom I held power of attorney for a few years until he died and I then executed his will. When we moved house 2 years ago and had a clear out - it was one of many items disposed of.

Bloody marvellous isn't it - it's not the only thing I have had cause to regret disposing of.

What did I do with that nurses uniform............. :Dunno:
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Poor Libby, sounds like she's in a bad way. Hope it gets identified by the magic machine.

If an anomaly IS discovered, be prepared to sue the doctor who prescribed physio as that may well have exacerbated it?
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Greyhound

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Alan, have you tried local Red Cross centre. They often have wheelchairs, walking frames etc that they loan out to people in need of them. Well they did some years ago, assuming not too much has changed or unless they too have all had a clear-out. 
  • i30 PD 2020 1.0 T-GDi

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal