i30 Owners Club

Noisy front suspension

Lee990 · 2 · 7226

Offline Lee990

• 1st Gear

• Weston super mare
Noisy front Suspension changed drop links and bottom arm bottom ball joint still knocks over rough ground only on drivers side as a loss as to what is problem can anyone help or point me in right direction...I'm thinking top strut mount next 👍
  • I30 1.4 comfort

Offline slick

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Similar problem on my second AUS i30 (2015 wagon CRDI made in the Czech Republic) - a very faint noise audible over some humps but not always coming from the front right side. I've asked 2 mechanics to investigate and both said it's not a safety concern but the strut itself might have a slight issue. They said not worth changing the strut at 65K km considering this noise is not too bad and doesn't always happen. This car is driven very few km a week by my wife at the moment. Reading some other threads I was wondering about swapping the swaybar links (drop links) on the front since they're super cheap and I can do it myself with a couple of 17cm spanners. I think I've seen aftermarket ones for $60 for both front ones. The problem is they seem solid and mechanics who looked in more detail suggested only a new strut will likely solve the weird faint noise I get. There are no problems with the strut weeping or any strut mount problem according to mechanics (although it's hard to check this easily I think).  Annoyingly this 2015 i30 is better insulated (Elite spec) compared to my 2012 i30 (Active spec) so the cabin is less noisy and the noise from the front suspension is more annoying.
  • 2012 i30 CRDi Active Hatch (GD) + 2015 i30 CRDi Elite Tourer (GD)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal