i30 Owners Club

2013 i30 Elite petrol, coolant level and cold starting

Way2go · 2 · 7736

Offline Way2go

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Bathurst, Australia
Hi everyone. First post here.

I just bought my wife a2013 i30 Elite (73,000km), and have a basic question.

I'm used to vehicles where the radiator cap sits directly on top of the radiator and obviously you can see the coolant level as soon as you remove the cap. Am I correctt in assuming that, even though the cap in this car is above the radiator level and offset from the radiator itself, you should still be able to see the coolant level when you take the cap off? If so, it appears that the vehicle is using a decent amount of coolant for only 73k on the clock (with FSH), and may be going back to the dealer while under warranty.

I discovered it also has an issue with cold starts (rough idle, very rich mix) after getting it home - gotta love dealers warming up cars before you arrive for a test drive - so that is being checked locally next week.

Otherwise, the car is great and my wife loves it!
  • i30 Elite hatch

Offline Way2go

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Bathurst, Australia
Picked up the car from the dealer today.

Cold start problems look to have be associated with the ECB update/reflash required (found that on another thread here) as the cold start threw up an error and they identified that straight away.

They could find no evidence of coolant leaks, and no contamination in the engine oil, etc., so they have requested that we just keep an eye on it.  Maybe there was an airlock or something in the system that has been resolved?.......
  • i30 Elite hatch

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal