i30 Owners Club

2010 (Mk1 FD) Automatic - Cruise Control Options?

Guest · 8 · 1923

swedishnutlathe
Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster.

I've a 2010 FD 1.6 CRDi Auto, which is excellent except one huge issue which is almost making me considering selling it - the throttle pedal.

I for some reason have this issue with a lot of Japanese and Korean cars where the throttle pedal just doesn't "sit right" in the footwell, and causes me to have considerable, painful foot cramps. I do a lot of motorway miles and it's slowly becoming a dealbreaker for me. I've adjusted the seat and steering more times than I can imagine and it doesn't help, it's the physical mounting/size/shape of the pedal itself that's at fault. I know this is a me problem, not a car problem, but still!

So one of the 'solutions' to this, would be Cruise Control. I miss it hugely in this car regardless but as I spend 90% of my life on a motorway/highway, it would be ideal.

I've read a bunch of the old guides on here but all of them I've found are for the much more common manual gearbox, not the 4 speed auto, which mine is. Now my (albeit limited) mechanical knowledge tells me that 9 times out of 10 cruise control on an auto and manual generally operate differently, and from what I can figure out, Hyundai never offered the FD 1.6 CRDi Auto with factory cruise control whatsoever.

So my question is, is it possible to add it on the auto/has anyone ever done it?

Thank you!

Offline sobdv

• 1st Gear

• ru Russian Federation
      Krasnodar
Hello. In russia, a lot of people add a cruise. Need to buy buttons and wires. I also need to add wires from the steering wheel to the ECU. I installed the buttons 96700 2R4004X and wire 56190 2R300.
Here is a link to the diagram and instructions, although it is in Russian
:link: Скачайте папку или обновите браузер
  • i30 FDe 2011

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I'm very surprised to read of no such option. My FD CRDi has CC as a manual, so my assumption is that autos have it, too. I did wait a full year before buying it because before 2009 it did not.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Muzz258

• 2nd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Timaru
My old 2012 FD 1.6 CDRI with auto transmission had cruise control.  So, it's do-able.
  • 2015 GD i30 1.6L CRDI Wagon

Offline Nev75

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide, South Australia
My 2009 FD CRDi Auto has cruise control, and I use it a lot. Mine is an SLX. Could it be an SLX vs SX thing?

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
My 2009 FD CRDi Auto has cruise control, and I use it a lot. Mine is an SLX. Could it be an SLX vs SX thing?
That would be my guess, Nev.

Online mrexcitement

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
I have basically the same car , mine has an aftermarket cruise control installed.

I purchased the car second hand and it came with it so I don't know what brand it is but it works very well , I also use it everywhere , it was one of my main items I wanted when looking for a I30.

So there maybe be an aftermarket option available.

I have also read that apparently you can wire up the factory setup yourself even if it didn't have it from the factory.
  • 2010 FD WAGON ,DIESEL 1.6, AUTO, SKY BLUE

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Have you tried the advanced search in the forum using the word 'cruise' in topics?
I found a few threads that might be useful.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal