i30 Owners Club

2010 i30 CW transmissions problems

buddle · 1 · 8847

Offline buddle

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      ipswich
Hello all I bought a 2010 i30 CW 2.0l about 3 months ago, off a very old couple that couldn't drive it anymore. thinking that would be a bonus to be not trashed, had 110000 kms.  It had all log book services done. Rarely driven over 50kms. It had sat inside a garage for the 6months previous to only be turned over every now and then.  The last service was done at the start of sitting in the garage. it drove like a dream during the test drive. It has a disability auto-chair crane to help lift in scooters that wires up to the battery which has its own module inside the fuse box.
problems started to arise in the first 2 weeks, an over revving through gear changes. it would only happen through a gear change at 60kms thought very little of it but over the last 3 months it has been getting worse and is over revving and some clunking depending on how long i have been driving the car. I drive the car like an old grandpa.
I took it to my usual mechanic to go in for a service, and had him service the transmission as well, but problems are still persisting.  Apparently no error codes to show that there is a problem. If the crane is hooked up the exhaust starts to smell a little rich, but very little smell when it has been disconnected. I am wondering if this could be the source for some of the troubles.
 i've been searching through the forums relentlessly over the last month to help troubleshoot and give me an idea for what I am in for. i've read the stickied posts and relating links. This is my first hyundai and first major problem with a car.
it was meant to be a buy as a family car for the new addition at the same time that it was purchased and need to get out of this problem as cheap as possible as all the savings are going towards the baby.
any help, ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.
or direction to a decent well trust mechanic in my area as we have just moved.
cheers all
  • 2010 HYUNDAI I30CW WAGON

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal