i30 Owners Club

Brand New @ 1600 Km's Missifire/Hesitation/Lumpy - Model 2021 - Elite

Offline Arooga1

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
Hello All,

I am looking for some advice, we have purchased a Brand New Hyundai I30 Elite (2.0 Petrol)

Boy have we had some issues…..The first car was delivered with paint defects and as such was replaced. With the 2nd Car, this one had no brake fluid in it…Cracked Master cylinder….Who knows how it passed pre-delivery!!

Now to the present issue, since new (now we have 1,600 Kms on the clock and I can be more frustrated with the rough running of the Engine (more symptoms shortly)

The first service was performed and the vehicle was put on live data however…”The computer” said there was nothing wrong with it.  So clearly the car is perfect (eye roll of someone that has been driving for 35 Years)

We use 91 Fuel, as recommended but the feels  hesitant at times, I can’t call it a misfire nor overall fuel starvation if anything id’ say it was almost like an intermittent injector pulse…….Though I have no equipment to say for sure!  It is random maybe between 1800 to 2500  RPM in 3 through 4th gear then it becomes real smooth once again.

Other Notations:

•   The car appears to miss  (it’s worse when cold) this can be felt at idle
•   The Car feels Hesitant under acceleration; it is not smooth and certainly does not have that new car feeling.
•   The Car does feel a little smother when not under power (IE Throttle closed position).
•   The Car at times feels unresponsive to Throttle input, then a gear change occurs and she snatches away..

All of this for me (by process of elimination) is pointing to a Fuel issue. Faulty Injector pulse or ECU.

Once again we returned to the dealership, and went on a test drive with their Senior Tech, the issue was explained as a characteristic of the cars “Fuel Saving Mode” whereby the Torque Converter, lock onto the gears and holds the a little longer to save on Fuel.  Which of course makes no sense, as the car wouldn’t do it (randomly) at idle and of course not under acceleration.
 is OK………Anyone else have any issues?

Can anyone Help please?

However once again the Computer Said the car
This is before I get to the DAB Radio tuner constantly dropping stations, on various selections?

Mr. Frustrated!
  • i30 Elite - 2021

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal