Torque setting for drop link bolts

eye30 · 4 · 2300

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
A neighbour has a 2014 GD and due its MOT soon.

He was checking over the car and found one of the rubber covers on the drop link covering the  joint has split.

He's been told it will be a failure and wants to replace.

Googled but all he can find is that it is an easy at home job and you can tighten with socket, no torque setting given just 'make sure tight'!

He intends to replace but a bit unsure re tightness given it is a major part of the suspension and steering.

Any advice would be welcome.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
If you don't get an answer soon, I could suggest that the torque to loosen the part might be near enough to what it takes to tighten it.

Another strategy might be to test the torque of an equivalent part, such as the opposite side, particularly if the torque wrench is the type that pops when the torque is reached. This second strategy might take a bit of trial and error as the established torque is reached.

Of course ideally, someone here soon will reach into the information and let you know.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
A polite call to a local tyre/suspension shop or Hyundai service centre and I'm sure they would be happy to advise  :)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Thanks for replies.

Got a while before MOT so will bide his time and see if anyone can provide info or their diy experience.

I've suggested he has a chat with his garage to see what they would charge to do it.

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal