i30 Owners Club

2020 i30 Nline Front LED Indicator

Pidge · 3 · 2206

Offline Pidge

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

My front passenger side indicator has stopped working and I get a warning on my dash saying to check indicator bulb.

I haven’t got a clue how to go about changing it. Took it to a garage and they said take it to Hyundai because it’s an LED and can be quite pricey.

So, a few of things I’m after really…

Would this still be under warranty with Hyundai?

Does anyone know what bulb or unit I would need to purchase for a replacement, or where I could find this information?

Does anyone know of any online tutorials or instruction on how to change the led indicator?

Thanks I’m advance  :goodjob2:
  • i30 n-line

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
As 2020 I would have expected led to last longer.

Have you visually checked it is not working?

Have you checked the wiring is fully home?

Check your handbook/service book as in mine it details warranty length on certain items.

If still showing as needing check then why not pop along to the dealer and see what they say as it might be a known issue.

Ps
Have you had a service recently?
If so, did it happen just after that.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Pidge

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom

Thanks for your advice.

I’ve popped my hazards on and got out and the front passenger indicator doesn’t work at all.

When I unlock and lock the car the hazards blink a couple of times and this one still doesn’t work.

Headlights work fine. Main beam is fine too.

I’m not sure what I’m checking for with the wiring. I have since taken it to a local garage and they had a really quick look. They just said that with it being an LED it could cost over £400 for a replacement from Hyundai. They did say that if I wanted to buy the part on eBay or another retailer then they are happy to fit it but I haven’t got a clue what part I would need to order.

Next step is my local dealer I think. I would have thought this should be a really quick fix but it’s proving not to be. Surely it’s just a case of ordering a new LED bulb and fitting it rather than an entire new bulb unit???

As 2020 I would have expected led to last longer.

Have you visually checked it is not working?

Have you checked the wiring is fully home?

Check your handbook/service book as in mine it details warranty length on certain items.

If still showing as needing check then why not pop along to the dealer and see what they say as it might be a known issue.

Ps
Have you had a service recently?
If so, did it happen just after that.
  • i30 n-line

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal