i30 Owners Club

LED Number Plate and Interior Lights

DeeTee · 137 · 61904

Offline MT-RED

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Nottingham, England
Thanks for the links Craig - I have just ordered the reversing LED's, 750 Lumen Indicators and a couple of Festoon's from Classic Car Led's. Cant wait to see the improvement these make - especially to the reverse camera at night  :happydance:
  • 2017 GD 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6, Manual, Grey

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Thanks for the links Craig - I have just ordered the reversing LED's, 750 Lumen Indicators and a couple of Festoon's from Classic Car Led's. Cant wait to see the improvement these make - especially to the reverse camera at night  :happydance:
You're welcome, you'll be amazed with the difference of the reverse bulbs, the 750 lumen indicators are still on the limit of to bright though much better than my previous 1500 lumens on the fellow drivers eyes behind me at the lights :)

Offline MT-RED

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Nottingham, England
You're welcome, you'll be amazed with the difference of the reverse bulbs, the 750 lumen indicators are still on the limit of to bright though much better than my previous 1500 lumens on the fellow drivers eyes behind me at the lights :)

Haha, to be honest I was considering both 750 and 1500 just to see how bright they are with my own eyes  :Shocked:
  • 2017 GD 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6, Manual, Grey

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
1500lm so bloody bright that the screen all lid up and I am blinded by the glare.  Is there a way to dim the screen brightness down when you put on reverse?

:crazy1: :crazy1:
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Window tint?  :lol:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline JC087

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
The 750 lumen bulbs are back in stock if anyone is interested :link: 1 x Canbus BRIGHT AMBER LED INDICATOR BULB No Hyperflash BAU15S PY21W ? Classic Car LEDs

The standard halogen 21W indicator bulb ranges anywhere from 250 (coloured) to 360 lumens (clear), Classic Car Led has two brightness options with their LED bulbs ranging from 750 lumen to 1500 lumen.

The 1500 lumen bulbs are as bright as headlights so be warned of their brightness...the 750's might be the better choice.

Hey mate, the amber lights you mentioned in the link above is now out of stock and wont be stocking. They have mentioned that the new gen is being released at the end of this month.....

Again, can you recommend which bulbs that works best for the internal lights and number plates etc?
  • 2018 i30 SR Premium PD2

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hey mate, the amber lights you mentioned in the link above is now out of stock and wont be stocking. They have mentioned that the new gen is being released at the end of this month.....

Again, can you recommend which bulbs that works best for the internal lights and number plates etc?
@JC087 Interesting, I'll keep monitoring their site to see what the new Gen are like when released :goodjob:

Reverse lights (600Lm) :link: 2PCS 12V 24V 60W LED CREE T15 W16W Car Reverse Turn Signal Backup Light bulb | eBay

Extra bright reverse lights (1000 Lm) :link: 2X iJDM T10 T15 W5W 12V 20W CREE CANBUS LED HEADLIGHT SIDE LIGHT BULBS REVERSE | eBay

Interior lights :link: 2X 12V 31MM FESTOON 7020 4 LED CAR UTE 4WD INTERIOR DOME MAP LIGHT BULB GLOBE | eBay

Park light/number plate lights :link: 4X 12V COOL WHITE T10 W5W WEDGE 7020 LED TAIL SIDE CAR LIGHTS TURN PARK BULB CW | eBay

Extra bright park lights :link: 2X WHITE T10 CREE LED W5W CANBUS PARKER LIGHT BULB FORD TOYOTA NISSAN HOLDEN | eBay
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 05:50:43 by CraigB »

Offline JC087

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

@JC087 Interesting, I'll keep monitoring their site to see what the new Gen are like when released :goodjob:

Reverse lights :link: 2PCS 12V 24V 60W LED CREE T15 W16W Car Reverse Turn Signal Backup Light bulb | eBay

Interior lights :link: 2X 12V 31MM FESTOON 7020 4 LED CAR UTE 4WD INTERIOR DOME MAP LIGHT BULB GLOBE | eBay

Park light/number plate lights :link: 4X 12V COOL WHITE T10 W5W WEDGE 7020 LED TAIL SIDE CAR LIGHTS TURN PARK BULB CW | eBay

Yeah good thing I spotted that.

Thanks heaps for these links, I'll order them soon and upgrade these lights. I already noticed the grainy part of the reverse camera during night time so this bright light should resolve the issue.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 16:48:48 by CraigB »

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Found that my current LED reverse light is so bloody bright that the screen totally blinded by when I look at screen and then side rear mirror.  Cant see shit due to the screen brightness :)

Offline JC087

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Found that my current LED reverse light is so bloody bright that the screen totally blinded by when I look at screen and then side rear mirror.  Cant see shit due to the screen brightness :)

I sense a but... you can still see at some degree?

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
At the end I only look at the screen when i really needed. :) .. The reverse light so bright that i no longer need reverse screen :P

Offline JC087

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
At the end I only look at the screen when i really needed. :) .. The reverse light so bright that i no longer need reverse screen :P

B-b-but the helpful guides...?

Offline JC087

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
What a day! I finally managed to upgrade the lights to these LEDs. Will check them out when it is night-fall. Only missing is the reverse lights I will need to order, haha

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Ahem, there isnt much to say in regard to the LED replacement, it just pretty much open and swap so not much to tell.  Regarding to the LED type, listen to CraigB - he gave me the link b4.

Offline JC087

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra

Ahem, there isnt much to say in regard to the LED replacement, it just pretty much open and swap so not much to tell.  Regarding to the LED type, listen to CraigB - he gave me the link b4.

Good point.

Offline JC087

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Have added the reverse lights sometime last week - it was so bright and resolved the grainy part of the reverse camera! So now, awaiting for the blinkers to become available... :whistle:

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Have you try to dim down the screen brightness?  I cannot seem to reduce the brightness of the screen while it on reverse.

Offline JC087

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
I’ll have to give that a try?

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I’ll have to give that a try
Thanks mate.  I went overboard with the reverse LED, 1500 Lux is too bloody bright (kill my vision) so I cannot see anything on the side mirrors after looking at that screen :P

Offline JC087

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Thanks mate.  I went overboard with the reverse LED, 1500 Lux is too bloody bright (kill my vision) so I cannot see anything on the side mirrors after looking at that screen :P

No worries, I'll let you know how I go, (will do after work).

Guess mine's not 1500, I bought the same ones that @CraigB recommended... (was it the same ones!?)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

No worries, I'll let you know how I go, (will do after work).

Guess mine's not 1500, I bought the same ones that @CraigB recommended... (was it the same ones!?)
I think Blazorax is confusing the bulbs, the reverse bulbs used are 600Lm - indicators are 1500Lm or the optional 750Lm.

Dantrasy
What do you think of these? They can be purchased individually too.

:link: BAU15S Amber 144 LED Rear Indicator Canbus Bulb Globe For Hyundai N Line 18-19 | eBay
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 13:57:57 by Dantrasy »

Offline mrpayner

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Ballarat
I'd thought about giving these a try off AliExpress .. They mention something about 750 lumens further down in the listing. However near the top of the main pictures it also says 960lm ..

:link: 2X High Power 30W 1156PY BAU15S PY21W LED Bulbs Canbus Car Front Rear Turn Signal Light Amber Yellow Orange Auto Lamp 12V 24V

« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 11:26:39 by mrpayner »
  • 2019 Hyundai i30 N-Line Premium - 1.6lt T - DCT - Fluidic Metal

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I'd thought about giving these a try off AliExpress .. They mention something about 750 lumens further down in the listing. However near the top of the main pictures it also says 960lm ..
I would think those bulbs are not suitable due to the light doesn't replicate the normal light throw of a standard bulb, they have side lighting but nothing from the top which is more important.

Try these bulbs from Classic Car  :link: 1 x Canbus BRIGHT AMBER LED INDICATOR BULB No Hyperflash BAU15S PY21W ? Classic Car LEDs Ltd light throw all round and at the top, no resistors required with them either :)

:link: BAU15S Amber 144 LED Rear Indicator Canbus Bulb Globe For Hyundai N Line 18-19 | eBay
Check out the link I just placed for mrpayner, I use these bulbs myself and they're great quality, and cheaper :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 14:53:14 by CraigB »

Offline mrpayner

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Ballarat
the light doesn't replicate the normal light throw of a standard bulb, they have side lighting but nothing from the top which is more important.

There's still all that reflective coating in the actual light housing though..

• 2019 Hyundai i30 N-Line Premium - 1.6lt T - DCT - Fluidic Metal

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
the light doesn't replicate the normal light throw of a standard bulb, they have side lighting but nothing from the top which is more important.

There's still all that reflective coating in the actual light housing though..
I understand that but the bulb will still not replicate properly because it's only relying on the reflected light as opposed to a bulb design that displays in all directions and uses the reflector.

Dantrasy

Try these bulbs from Classic Car  :link: 1 x Canbus BRIGHT AMBER LED INDICATOR BULB No Hyperflash BAU15S PY21W ? Classic Car LEDs Ltd light throw all round and at the top, no resistors required with them either :)

Check out the link I just placed for mrpayner, I use these bulbs myself and they're great quality, and cheaper :)

The UK Classic Car bulbs look good, thanks. The reviews are impressive. They don't appear cheaper though. The ebay ones are $30 for x2. The UK ones are more like $44 for x2.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

The UK Classic Car bulbs look good, thanks. The reviews are impressive. They don't appear cheaper though. The ebay ones are $30 for x2. The UK ones are more like $44 for x2.
My mistake, I read $30 each :head_knock:

I would still get the classic car bulbs as I know their quality first hand, they are the perfect brightness and much more discreet :goodjob2:

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
I would still get the classic car bulbs as I know their quality first hand, they are the perfect brightness and much more discreet

Another vote for the classic car LED indicator, plug straight in, no hyperflash and good quality. I tried some brake tail light LEDs from ES Lighting in the missus's Getz, but they are toast, and had to put the filament bulbs back in
  • 2017 PD SR 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt Auto, Blue

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal