i30 Owners Club

First impressions Citroen C3 diesel 1.6 100ps

Offline chris_i30gd

• 3rd Gear

• gr Greece
      Greece
This new citroen C3 is the new car family member.

After 2 months of owning I can say that it has some pros and cons in relation with the i30 gd 1.4 crdi  that is the other family car.

It is very  comfortable and it handles really great, also it is very cute and beautiful. Also it's looking like a small suv as it is taller than the average cars of the class.  Although it has no multi link suspension back like hyundai i30 I can say that it handles  better. Just the i30 is now 4 years old and suspension is starting to degrade normally. 

It has a very nice design outside and inside and is quite spacious for the size. (it's 4 meters long so it's like i20 in size). The interior has hard  plastic everywhere but with  a nice design and it makes you not to dislike these hard plastic parts.

https://preview.netcarshow.com/Citroen-C3-2017-1600-44.jpg

The real average consuption is near 5.4lt/100km  these 2 months  and it has 100ps horsepower and 1150kg of weight  - 1600cc engine. My hyundai i30 has 6.0lt/100km average consuption but it has 200kg more weight and it the 1.4scrdi 90ps version.

cons: It is has a 5 speed gearbox and the engine has not much power at 1500rpm as the hyundai i30. But in higher rpm it has more power.

Generally it is a vey nice little car with enough space, great design, very comfortable and I hope it will be reliable. It has 5 years guarantee but for 60.000km and not with  unlimited km distance like the i30 here in my country. Citroen has not a perfect recommendation for reliability but I think
a 5 year guarantee make me feel quite "safe" for the first 5 years. Also I think that reliability is nice for most new cars according to dekra
:link: DEKRA Defect Report

Thanks for reading my review and sorry for my not so perfect english!
:)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 19:17:20 by csideris »
  • hyundai i30 1.4 crdi 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for that! Nothing wrong with your English!  I prefer your car without the plastic things stick on the side which makes them look ugly in my opinion.

We don't get the 1.4 diesel i30s in Australia,  only the 1,6.

It's a shame about the reliability reputation of French cars in Australia because it seems to negatively effect their resale values over here...

I really like your little Citroen,  which seems very similar to the Renault Captur...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline chris_i30gd

• 3rd Gear

• gr Greece
      Greece
The 1.4 diesel i30 gd maybe sounds quite marginal as engine for the weight and size of the i30 but it is really refined and it has alot of power from low rpm. In my country 99% of diesel i30 gd have this engine. Also it's really noiseless almost like benzin engine and even more noiseless  when I use shell vpower diesel. Everyone is impressed with this.

Citroen has a bit more noisy diesel engine although is newer and euro 6.

Generally  hyundai new models are really very very nice for their price. The only minus I find in my i30gd is the road noise because of the  lack of insulation in wheel wells and in the back part of the car.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
That's interesting about the noise factor because our FD (2008) 1.6 Diesel had a fair bit of road noise (One of the reasons I traded it on a Hybrid), but the Wife's 2014 Petrol GD Tourer is fairly quiet in comparison...

I Had a French car once (a 1978 Renault Renault Virage 1.4) Lovely comfy car and very reliable. I had it for 4 years (a record for me I think) in my 40 years of car ownership.. :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline yodm

• 3rd Gear

• il Israel
      Israel

• the older I get, the faster I was
I have the Citroen C4 2nd generation as the family main car and the I30 as the second car.
both cars are about 6 years old.
the Citroen feells much more of a car than the i30. much more quite, more comfortable, more space and also have a grate design interior and exterior.
I have to say, that in almost 6 years and 120,000km, the only issue I had was the dual climate control in the C4.

csideris, your C3 looks like the Cactus. is it the regular version, DS3 or a new C3 Cactus version? 
whenever the road is not perfect, the Citroen ride is far superior to the Korean and Japanese cars.   
  • I30 CW 2010 1.6 petrol auto

Offline chris_i30gd

• 3rd Gear

• gr Greece
      Greece
This is the middle version in equipement  of the new citroen c3 2017 model.
All new models will look like cactus. And there is a new c4 like cactus that will come later.

It is looking very similar to the cactus in interior and space and is just little smaller.
The way is driving they told me is like the 3rd generation of c4( i haven't drove the c4)
The suspension is great and is really very comfortable.

But I like the same my i30 that is in 3rd generation and is a really nice car with great space and comfortable.
Also with some aftermarket upgrade the interior of my i30 in now really great. There are some great chinese android navi
in very low price that make the interior look great and are very nice working (at least to me)

About the suspension comfort  and beauty    french car are really better than most others

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Cactus - what an unfortunate description. :lol:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Phil №❶

• Top Gear
  • Loco, most of the time!

• au Australia
      Mos Eisley, South Australia
No offence to the owner, but about right IMO.
  • 2008 SX CRDi Auto White (Lila)[hr]2010 SLX CRDi Auto Red (Ruby)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal