i30 Owners Club

2009 I30 mirror replacement

Offline ELCHIGUETE

• 1st Gear

• do Dominican Republic
Hello just this week I bought a 2009 I30 and 3 days latter the right side mirror got stolen  :crazy1:!!! BTW its just the mirror not the whole assembly. So I go to the Hyunday dealer and they dont have it, neighter in other parts stores. The reason is that this model was only imported for a short time so they arent many around to carry parts.

My question is, does the mirror on this car model is specific only to the I30 or do other Hyundai models use the same mirrors and will fit with no problem? That way I can buy a mirror locally before buying one in eBay.

Thanks.
  • I30 2009

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :wttc: Sorry to hear that.

Hard one to answer for anyone but a dealer, but I have three suggestions that might help.

1) Make a template of the left side mirror with a piece of paper or card and if it is not symmetrical just flip it over to replicate the right side. You can then either:

a) take it to a mirror place and have one cut to size if it is only the glass you need (then stick it on with Silicone)
b) go to  a hyundai yard and compare your template with mirrors on i20, accent etc and see if the same size.

2) Search Ebay and see if they list more than one model as compatible with i30 mirror glass..  :idea:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Hello just this week I bought a 2009 I30 and 3 days latter the right side mirror got stolen  :crazy1:!!! BTW its just the mirror not the whole assembly. So I go to the Hyunday dealer and they dont have it, neighter in other parts stores. The reason is that this model was only imported for a short time so they arent many around to carry parts.

My question is, does the mirror on this car model is specific only to the I30 or do other Hyundai models use the same mirrors and will fit with no problem? That way I can buy a mirror locally before buying one in eBay.

Thanks.
I just sent you a link that's the same one from 2007
  • I30 active 1.4 petrol 2013

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Okay - I suspect the author is going to require a mirror with molded surround that clips to the positioning assembly - they state "...the right side mirror got stolen..."   and also "just the mirror not the whole assembly".

My read is:
* The theif did not break into the car and detach/unbolt the whole side mirror assembly; or rip the assembly from the side of the car or the part that pivots from it's stump (both of which I think would have done sufficient damage to the assembly to render stealing it not worth it - unless for maliciousness).
* Rather they detached/levered the mirror from positioning assembly - the mirror glass is molded into a surround that clips to the positioning assembly.   If they did remove the actual mirror from molding they would have destroyed the molding in any case.

Unfortunately I suspect this will discount most 'self-adhisve' and stick on options, as it would need to be done to the mounting plate that makes part of the positioning assembly and like the FD - see :link: HOW TO: i30 Side Mirror Cover, and Indicator, Removal/Replacement - FD MY10 - it probably isn't flat... (images of the mirror molding for the FD & GD feature many design elements).

I am sought of assuming it was stolen for the same reasons as the author can't find one - i.e. lack of parts due to low number of sales and someone has/had an i30 with a broken mirror; of course can't discount someone just wanting it or it was malicious theft.  A quick look on ebay, etc. leaves me with the impression the OEM part is i30 specific :(   This probably also excludes finding one at the wreckers - there won't be many examples at wreckers.

I found this - :link: Mobis Heated Side View Mirror Right Side for 2012 05 2015 Hyundai I30 | eBay - approx US$32 to DR...  I suspect, in the end, this may end up being the fastest and/or cheapest route for the author.  At the very least the author can use the Part Number 87621 3X000 to research further local options.
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
As another option you can also buy the aspherical wide mirrors through Shark Racing though you would need to buy a pair :link: 07-10 i30 Aspherical Wide-Angle Mirrors - Shark Racing

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal