i30 Owners Club

Low beam light pattern

GaKu · 6 · 7742

Offline GaKu

• 3rd Gear

• dk Denmark
      Zealand

• 2011 1.4 petrol
I have recently installed LEDs for my low beam and have noticed a strange light pattern.
It seems to be brighter on the left side with the beam reaching further compared to the right side. Isn't it supposed to be the opposite for LHD cars?
I don't think this is an effect of the led because I've always felt the right side is dimmer even with halogens. The effect is just more pronounced now.

• 2011 i30

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
Did you install normal Led bulbs or did you find road legal ones?

At least here I've never seen road legal after market LEDs. Of course rules and laws are not the same in every country.
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Some LED's I've seen have a left and right position, or you turn the bulb 180 degrees.

Offline GaKu

• 3rd Gear

• dk Denmark
      Zealand

• 2011 1.4 petrol
Did you install normal Led bulbs or did you find road legal ones?

At least here I've never seen road legal after market LEDs. Of course rules and laws are not the same in every country.

No, they are not road legal and such mods are not allowed. We are yet to follow Germany's guidelines.
  • 2011 i30

Offline GaKu

• 3rd Gear

• dk Denmark
      Zealand

• 2011 1.4 petrol
Some LED's I've seen have a left and right position, or you turn the bulb 180 degrees.

These are symmetrical LEDs and there is only 1 way you can fit them in the socket (H7).
Can the headlight be adjusted to point correctly? The passenger side is clearly pointing downwards while the drivers side has a bit of dark patch right in front of the car since it is pointing a bit up.
I think the GD has some screws for that.
  • 2011 i30

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
Doesn't look like the led is sat in the sweet spot for the mask in the projector.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal