Look who just got older... AlanHo !

Offline ~ Angel ~

• 6th Gear
  • Personnel Manager

• nu Niue
21 today!

Happy Birthday, AlanHo

:bd2:

Have a great day @AlanHo and thanks for your 18339 posts since joining us on August 2, 2010  :goodjob:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
 :Birthday: Alan, enjoy your lovely retreat holiday around the pool :drinks:

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
And he's probably having fun too. :Pout:
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Happy Birthday Alan. Hope you and Libby have a great time!  :drinks:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
All the very best SeƱor Ho :D

:hb17a
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Thanks everyone.  A nice start to the holiday.

We had an evening flight and didn't land in Lanzarote until 10.15 pm into a virtually deserted airport.  It was a pleasant flight on a TUI Boeing 737-800 which looked almost new in the long legroom seats in row 4.

Libby collected the luggage whilst I went straight to Auto Reisin the car hire firm we always use in the Canary Isles to pick up a SEAT Ibiza auto that had only got 539 km on the odometer. It cost 182 Euros for 8 days fully insured and zero excesses. Literally half the quotes from other hire firms.  Nice car, smooth and quiet with most of the controls in familiar places.  I always take my Garmin satnav on holiday loaded with all the favourites which guided us to the hotel. We easily beat the TUI coach that transported about 30 people to the same hotel so we had a better choice of rooms.

The hotel - H10 Rubicon Palace - is superb. It is a complex of two storey accommodation blocks set in the huge landscaped grounds of the main hotel. Most of the hotels on Lanzarote are at most 2 storeys - restricted by strict planning laws. Our main hotel block is 6 storeys because it is built into the side of an extinct volcano facing the sea. The main entrance is on the 6th floor, level with the main road, and the first floor is at sea level. It is thus numbered upside down. Our block of 8 rooms is 50 metres from the promenade along the sea shore with key card access to it along a short path. We are a 5 minute very pleasant stroll from the main hotel and restaurants.

We were too late for breakfast this morning having not got to bed until about 2:0 am, so have not yet tried any of the 6 restaurants available to us.  More anon - perhaps with pictures.

You will gather we have wiFi. In fact there is WiFi in all the rooms and main areas which in our room is running at 42 MB - not bad at all for a hotel in my experience.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 13:38:48 by AlanHo »
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
All the best
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Happy Birthday Alan, enjoy the vacation...

:bd9: :bd9: :bd9:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks for the report Alan. Sounds lovely! Much talent about?  :snigger: Or are they all retirees?  :cool:

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
A belated happy birthday, Alan.
Enjoy your break.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Thanks for the report Alan. Much talent about?  :snigger: Or are they all retirees?  :cool:

There are lots of talented people here - having sampled the restaurant this evening I would confirm they employ some talent in the kitchen.

There is a diving training centre in the grounds and having watched them today in the training pool they are also talented.

Then of course they are blessed with me as a talented guest

I trust this has answered your question. 

(By the way - there are lots of really lovely young ladies in skimpy bikinis around the pool - some being topless. They are nice to admire but I have no idea whether they have any talents. There is also a herd of obese males and females waddling about and displaying rolls of fat hanging like cinema curtains. It quite puts one off people watching old chap)
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks for the report Alan. Much talent about?  :snigger: Or are they all retirees?  :cool:

There are lots of talented people here - having sampled the restaurant this evening I would confirm they employ some talent in the kitchen.

There is a diving training centre in the grounds and having watched them today in the training pool they are also talented.

Then of course they are blessed with me as a talented guest

I trust this has answered your question. 

(By the way - there are lots of really lovely young ladies in skimpy bikinis around the pool - some being topless. They are nice to admire but I have no idea whether they have any talents. There is also a herd of obese males and females waddling about and displaying rolls of fat hanging like cinema curtains. It quite puts one off people watching old chap)

LaLaLa... sorry, just blocking out some of the images you painted, and happily visualizing others...  :whistler: :mrgreen:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal