i30 Owners Club

Brake pedal adjustment

wooly · 12 · 2962

Offline wooly

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Tasmania
Not sure if this has been asked before, but one issue that annoys me with my new car is the height difference between the accelerator pedal and the brake pedal.

I never noticed it in my old Corolla, but that one's gone to a new home so I can't check it now.

When I slide between pedals I am aware of consciously lifting my foot onto the brake.
On my motorbikes one of the first setup I do is adjust the brake pedal height to a more comfortable level.
Is there any height adjustment on the pedal on the i30? 
I imagine the accelerator pedal height would be fixed.
  • 2018 PD2 i30 Elite 2.0 white

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
That's interesting I had to go down and look at mine.  :lol:

An easy fix would be to stick something about a centimetre thick to the accelerator pedal. Maybe a piece of high density foam cut to the size and shape of the pedal? Only thing is if you had an accident and they tracked it back to a modified accelerator pedal..  :undecided:

I have some of this stuff lying around. Looks a bit thicker than that one.

:link: Concrete Polyethylene Foam Expansion Jointing - Plain | eBay

Or better still a piece of MDF cut to size and sprayed the same colour as your pedals. You could even cut some grooves in it for grip.  :idea:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
You Tasmanians should be discussing adding a second pedal. :lol:

How about investigating remounting the accelerator at a higher level using suitable spacers?
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline wooly

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Tasmania

How about investigating remounting the accelerator at a higher level using suitable spacers?

Is that to counteract our two heads  :crazy1:

Hmm.. remount the loud pedal, not a bad idea.

I dare say I will just get use to it in time, just don't recall the height difference with my old car.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Some hot laps around Simmons Plains will help expedite the resync between the Brain  and the right foot so you can lose the Oh what a feeling.

• i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline wooly

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Tasmania
I think you got it right there, it's all in the mind , you know. :snigger:

Don't think they would let an old f*rt like me around Symmons Plains, did have quite a few laps around Baskerville on the Triumph though. :happydance:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 12:17:40 by wooly »

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

I'm told every Tazzy home has a tractor (the 2nd car) so why not mount the accelerator on the steering column same as the Fergie and Fordson.
 :snigger:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline wooly

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Tasmania

I'm told every Tazzy home has a tractor (the 2nd car) so why not mount the accelerator on the steering column same as the Fergie and Fordson.
 :snigger:
[/quote]

Hey, my first car was a Vanguard with  a Fergie motor in it.
Very agricultural car it was too.

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Great cars made by David Brown Co ???? First vehicle I drove ( at circa 6yrs old) was a Fergie tractor. It eventually flipped, as they do, and killed its owner, as they do.

Wooly, We are both dated from here on  :D
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline wooly

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Tasmania
Don't know about Fergie tractors, but the Vanguard was made by the Standard Motor Company in pommie land.
Had a column change and bench seats.
Solid as a brick until they rusted away to nothingness :scared:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Don't know about Fergie tractors, but the Vanguard was made by the Standard Motor Company in pommie land.
I learned to driver on one.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

Fergie and Vanguard had the same motor. Interesting you said it was Standard Co. They made their own cars as you probably know. Also made motors.

When I was a kid we had a six cylinder Standard 20 . It was faster than a Ford V8. Dad used to get Pi$$edof every year when he went to the Post office to renew the rego because they claimed that the model 20 did not exist. He'd drag the idiot outside and push his face down on the car's badge.  :head_butt:
One year the car needed a leaking welsh plug replaced. They degreased the block and up came the name 'Jaguar'.  :victory:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal