i30 Owners Club

Fitting reversing camera with out splicing to reversing lights

Locka · 5 · 2106

Offline Locka

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex
I'm looking to by a reversing camera friend broughthis one however it requires this to. Be spliced to wireing.

:link: AUTO-VOX M1W Wireless Reversing Camera Kit,IP 68: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I'd like to find one I can just fit to wreing loom lights at the back with out touching the cables is this possible
  • I30 2017 E T-GDI 2017 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1t, Manual, Red

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
I'm looking to by a reversing camera friend broughthis one however it requires this to. Be spliced to wireing.

:link: AUTO-VOX M1W Wireless Reversing Camera Kit,IP 68: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I'd like to find one I can just fit to wreing loom lights at the back with out touching the cables is this possible
The reason that you need to splice into the reversing lights is that you need the camera to be activated when you shift to  the reverse gear and the only thing that supplies electricity only in reverse are the reverse lights otherwise the camera would be constantly on.

• Hyundai i30 2012

Offline Locka

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Essex
I'm not much with cars but I don't get the difference between splicing and having a adapter between between lighting loom and  bulb.  Surely when the power goes to the bulb it could also turn the camra on.
  • I30 2017 E T-GDI 2017 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1t, Manual, Red

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Splicing is the only practical way and perfectly safe if done well. As mentioned, any 'adapting' is doing the same thing.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Hi did you manage to set up your reversing camera, please
  • I30 active 1.4 petrol 2013

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal