i30 Owners Club

Retrofitting the standard instrument cluster with a supervision cluster

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
Hello! I want to know if it is possible to retrofit the standard instrument cluster with a supervision cluster. Mine is 2012 1.6 crdi diesel auto and the cluster I found was pulled out of a 2015 1.6 crdi diesel manual.
  • Hyundai i30 2012

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I would think that if it was to possibly work you would require the cluster from an auto for the auto gears display to function :undecided:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
That's a late reply, better late than never :)

Did you end up changing the cluster?

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
That's a late reply, better late than never :)

Did you end up changing the cluster?
Well, I found one ebay for €615 including shipping. My i30 is a diesel auto and it was hard to find one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hyundai i30 2012

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
That’s just a tad pricey  :Shocked: :faint:

Keep on looking, one will be bound to pop up sooner or later at a quarter of the price.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Keep on looking, one will be bound to pop up sooner or later at a quarter of the price.

:whsaid:

:crazy1:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus

Yeah, Especially for a used part it is too pricey! I asked the seller for a better offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hyundai i30 2012

Offline wesleyrpg

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
i have been looking into doing this as well.....i wonder if it's as easy as plugging in the SR Premium dash in.

Saw some on ebay for about $100 Australian......maybe someone is game enough to try it??

:link: HYUNDAI I30 INSTRUMENT CLUSTER PETROL, AUTO, TACHO IS UP TO 8 TYPE, GD,05/12- | eBay

would love to go from this....

to this

« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 04:45:26 by wesleyrpg »
  • 2020 Hyundai i30 Active in Intense Blue

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
It's never that easy unfortunately. Not from my experience anyway. :spitty:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
i have been looking into doing this as well.....i wonder if it's as easy as plugging in the SR Premium dash in.

Saw some on ebay for about $100 Australian......maybe someone is game enough to try it??

:link: HYUNDAI I30 INSTRUMENT CLUSTER PETROL, AUTO, TACHO IS UP TO 8 TYPE, GD,05/12- | eBay

would love to go from this....

to this

Sounds to me you're the perfect volunteer :whistler: If it fails sell it. $100 is cheap for a cluster. They must be reliable. it get's tricky with all the variants. I got lucky when my Diesel SLX Cluster went wacko, I think $100 delivered but usually $150 or more
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline wesleyrpg

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Sounds to me you're the perfect volunteer  If it fails sell it. $100 is cheap for a cluster. They must be reliable. it get's tricky with all the variants. I got lucky when my Diesel SLX Cluster went wacko, I think $100 delivered but usually $150 or more

i have been thinking about this for the last week, but i have a few concerns that are stopping me.

firstly, are all GD series the same? and what i mean by that is the menus and submenus built into the dash itself, from 2012 to 2016 to change things like locking the doors whilst driving off etc. For the project to work the menus and submenus would need to be exactly that same.

what about active eco, i found a youtube video from 2013 with a demonstration of the menus and submenus of the supervision cluster. it appears to be a little different to my 2016 car. (maybe its the difference between auto and manual, but then again, there could be significant changes), the active eco seems to be built into the menu on this particular car!

more research is needed....... :(
  • 2020 Hyundai i30 Active in Intense Blue

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal