i30 Owners Club

Front Bumper Lip

Offline viggersd

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Melbourne
Just got my i30 so naturally I wanna make some modifications to it. When I picked up the car at the dealership I saw another model with a front lip similar to this ( :link: 2.5m Car Front Bumper Lip Splitter Chin Spoiler Skirt Rubber Protector Body Kit Carbon Fiber Blue/Red/Gold|spoiler skirt|lip bumper spoiler|car lip spoilers) and thought something like that on mine would be cool, not too crazy but would give it a little more character. I think it would compliment the brake callipers when I get them painted.

Anybody done this to theirs and have some photos to show what it looks like?
  • 2016 i30 SR GD5 Series 2

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Cheap enough that if you don't like it no big waste, wont it peel off if used on the front :undecided:

More expensive though a real splitter looks much better :link: FRONT SPLITTER Hyundai i30 mk.2 Molet | Our Offer  Hyundai  I 30  Mk2 | Maxton Design

There is a seller for Maxton Design in Australia :link: Hyundai i30 ? AusBody Works only the N is mentioned though they should also be able to get Maxton products for other models.

More styles for all i30's :link: i30
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 16:32:16 by CraigB »

Offline viggersd

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Melbourne
Thanks mate, definitely something to think about. I think at this point the peel off one would just be temporary, just to see if I like it and then I can do something better after. Thanks again  :goodjob2:
  • 2016 i30 SR GD5 Series 2

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks mate, definitely something to think about. I think at this point the peel off one would just be temporary, just to see if I like it and then I can do something better after. Thanks again  :goodjob2:

I did similar with my PD SR at one stage but being red it tended to fade and as good as 3M tape is it was hard to keep secure in the long term without applying some more permanent adhesive particularly at the ends. Long term if you like the look, mask and spray the edge might be a better option.  :cool:

:link: PD Front/Rear Lip Styling
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal