i30 Owners Club

Satnav map supplier.

Offline Lawriemcf

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich, Queensland
I currently have a 2014 GD Elite or is it GD2, the elite didn’t seem to have the model designation changed.

The Satnav has been a pain.

Can anybody advise if Hyundai have changed map suppliers for the current PD model range.

I’d hate to purchase a new model and have the same issues.

Thanks

Lawriemcf
  • i30 GD Elite Petrol Auto

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
In what way has the Satnav been a pain? I know they're always a year or two behind in map updates compared to Garmin and TomTom, biggest change they made in the PD's concerning maps is free updates for ten years.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
My PD is the first of our 4 x i30's to have a Sat nav so i can't compare. I have been pleasantly surprised with it considering built in Sat Navs in most brands are notoriously out of date due to the process between the map supplier doing the update getting it to the car maker then the car maker waiting until owner needs a service.. etc..

I sometimes use the built in satnav and sometimes the Google Maps via Android Auto.  Handy to have a choice. I also have Waze but haven't tried it yet.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lawriemcf

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich, Queensland
It is a pain when it gets you lost , when it’s supposedly up to date maps don’t recognise roads that are years old. When it takes you to service stations that don’t exist and never had existed.
It seems a shame that having purchased a more expensive model the function doesn’t work properly.
I’m tempted to put my Navman in the car as well because it actually works.
I had heard that Hyundai have changed map suppliers got the PD but I can’t confirm that yet.
  • i30 GD Elite Petrol Auto

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I got a couple of bum steers by Google Maps on Kangaroo Island on a recent road trip so switched to the GPS and it got me across Melbourne from Geelong to Korumburra in Gippsland (avoiding tolls) on Melbourne cup day in torrential without any issues, so I was impressed. It also worked well when I used it to navigate around Adelaide.

So from my experience the combo of both Android Auto and GPS is pretty effective in the PD.

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal