i30 Owners Club

Cartronics TL-01 DM-01 AD-01 FS-02 GD-03 GD-04 v2.05.10 Firmware (Dec 11, 2018)

bagerlk · 106 · 60311

Offline catusf

• 1st Gear

• vn Viet Nam

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Anyone succeeded upgrading in other countries' headunits?
I haven't ever seen a Vietnamese Santa Fe firmware update mentioned on this forum, only the Australia Cartronic's units listed here.

Probably best to call your local Hyundai dealer and ask what their latest update for your vehicle is.

Offline MartinL

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
I'm sure the latest version of this Firmware was loaded onto my system back in April 2019 but it is showing  Micom:3.20.00 not 3.28.00

Is this reporting on Hardware or Firmware?

The main problem I am having is that if I answer a Phone call or use Voice command to my iPhone either via Bluetooth or USB connection once I am finished on the call or voice command and hangup the volume which was muted on Media or Radio is not restored to previous level and the only way to get it back is to completely shut down the head unit.

Turning off then on using the power knob has no effect. I have to pull over and stop the car and turn off the ignition to restore sound to my other Media.
[size=78%]  [/size]
  • 2014 Hyundai i30 Wagon

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
@MartinL run the firmware file again to complete both stages of the update.

If you don’t have the firmware file it can be found in the reply to your first post.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 10:45:10 by CraigB »

Offline MisterWarby

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Canberra
I had the same issue when I installed last week....
I ran the update file and initialised a second time and it works fine so far.
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • i30 2016 Active X, 5 Door Hatch 1.8 petrol Auto

Offline outback jack

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
Anyone aware of any new firmware updates? Guessing it maybe getting to old for any further upgrades....
  • 2013 I30 Active Tourer. Diesel Auto

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Anyone aware of any new firmware updates? Guessing it maybe getting to old for any further upgrades....
None that I'm aware of, though with an FD model any updates wouldn't be suitable for your vehicle if what's in your signature is correct :undecided:

Offline outback jack

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
Cheers,

Had several FD and now have two GD`s. Both diesels. One is hatch and manual. Other is Tourer and Auto. Interestingly there is nearly 2 liters per 100kms  difference in both.

Will update SIG
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 14:00:27 by outback jack »
  • 2013 I30 Active Tourer. Diesel Auto

Offline livispitas

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      VIC
Hi there, any chance you could drop the download in the chat?
If there is one in here, I can't find it :(
Thank you!!!
  • 2016 Hyundai i30 Active X

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hi there, any chance you could drop the download in the chat?
If there is one in here, I can't find it :(
Thank you!!!
I've edited the first post and added the mega download link for the last GD-03 firmware update that was available December 2018, if your 2016 active has been serviced by Hyundai since that date you should already have it installed :undecided:

Offline danillocabrera

• 1st Gear

• de Germany
Hello, I’m trying to update my recently bought i30 SW 2016 to the last firmware. I can’t find anywhere the option for “Update firmware”.
Any thoughts?
Thanks!

• I30 Kombi SW 2016

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hello, I’m trying to update my recently bought i30 SW 2016 to the last firmware. I can’t find anywhere the option for “Update firmware”.
Any thoughts?
Thanks!
You can get the update via your dealer for free, if there is one.

This topic is only for the Australian Cartronics built stereo's.

Offline jack_tux

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      New South Wales
Hi, Thanks for the update.. it installed like a charm and now have Android Auto working.

Quick question... can Android Auto work via Bluethooth? I have it paired ok, but the Android Auto only works with a USB cable.

Thanks again
  • i30 2015

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Quick question... can Android Auto work via Bluethooth? I have it paired ok, but the Android Auto only works with a USB cable.
Quick answer...No :)

The latest modern head units have the ability to connect wirelessly with Android Auto/Apple Car Play but not in a GD-03 unit.

Offline tawei3000

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      WA
Hi all - having some trouble with upgrading my firmware.

I have a 2016 Australian i30, and am using a freshly formatted, FAT32 thumbdrive, with one of the .hdf files posted above.

I receive an error when I attempt the update. Attached are the specs of my head unit.

Any help would be much appreaciated!
Cheers.

:link: Imgur: The magic of the Internet
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 14:10:59 by Shambles »
  • i30 Active MY16

Offline StokeyBry

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Stoke on Trent United kingdom
What is the error you are receiving? Is it recognising the file but failing?
  • I30 2013 GD 5 Door Hatchback Petrol 1.4 Manual Active

Offline tawei3000

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      WA
Thanks for the reply: the error is 'software upgrade failed'.

I can tell that the usb is recognised because it checks for music files when I plug it in.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 14:10:33 by Shambles »
  • i30 Active MY16

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hi all - having some trouble with upgrading my firmware.

I have a 2016 Australian i30, and am using a freshly formatted, FAT32 thumbdrive, with one of the .hdf files posted above.

I receive an error when I attempt the update. Attached are the specs of my head unit.

Any help would be much appreaciated!
Cheers.

Download a fresh copy from the mega download link http://mega.nz/file/4VNS1CBC#TDtyBj-i0walRinImFxvqR2U9YLgyPwrU5hdx96FhMM

Extract/unzip the downloaded file and export the .hdf file to your USB, try updating again.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 12:37:56 by CraigB »

Offline tawei3000

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      WA
Tried again with a fresh format, no luck! Might call a Hyundai dealer and see what they have to say.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 12:54:35 by tawei3000 »
  • i30 Active MY16

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Tried again with a fresh format, no luck! Might call a Hyundai dealer and see what they have to say.
If possible try another USB stick first, if that also fails then I'd be looking at the Hyundai option.

Offline Payam

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Cartronics have just released new firmware for the TL-01, DM-01, AD-01, FS-02, GD-03 and GD-04 head units dated December 11, 2018 containing Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto™, Bluetooth enhancements and bug fixes. The version numbers of the new firmware are:

SW Ver: 2.05.10
Micom: 3.28.00
Platform: 1.76.00

Notable fixes include:

LCD Display - Blank (black), green or noisy image may be displayed on the LCD screen when the vehicle is started and the transmission shifted to Drive
Reverse Camera - Blank (black), green or noisy image may be displayed on the LCD screen after the transmission is shifted to reverse
Reverse Camera - Reverse camera image may continue to be displayed on the LCD after transmission is shifted from reverse to another gear.
Bluetooth - In some cases a call may not be ended when selecting the red ‘hang‐up’ button on the audio unit LCD
Bluetooth - Bluetooth disconnection and re-connection occurs at the commencement of a phone call
Clock - Clock and date occasionally loses memory
Apple CarPlay - Clicking/popping noise when playing audio through Apple CarPlay
Apple CarPlay / Android Auto - Poor radio reception due to missing antenna amplifier power supply after CarPlay or Android Auto navigation instruction or phone message chime

[hide]Full Release Notes - here
Firmware Download Instructions - here (downloads a document with instructions/link to firmware located on Cartronics Dropbox page)[/hi

Edited for current Firmware link

Firmware download link http://mega.nz/file/4VNS1CBC#TDtyBj-i0walRinImFxvqR2U9YLgyPwrU5hdx96FhMM

Thank you so much for sharing this source; I found this and tried it. It worked well and saved me of purchasing infotainment and steering control unit as advised by Hyundai Service team! I fought with them for two months that the problem is the software but they insisted that it is hardware issue and I should replace. It is fixed now and my family and I can enjoy using the system safely. Thanks again.
Just a quick one that my car is Hyundai Tucson ActiveX 2016 with Cartronics TL-01 Infotainment
  • 2016, ActiveX, 5 Door, SUV, Gas 2.0Lit, Auto, Grey

Offline tawei3000

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      WA
Just wanted to let everyone know that I tried a different (USB 2.0) thumb drive and it worked! Thanks for the download link and the help <3
  • i30 Active MY16

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Just wanted to let everyone know that I tried a different (USB 2.0) thumb drive and it worked! Thanks for the download link and the help <3
Glad to help :goodjob2:

Offline ThatDanoBloke

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      South Australia
Anyone else having problems with android auto no playing audio when running spotify?  Bluetooth audio works fine. No sound when plugged in via usb cable. Also my unit auto connects with my bluetooth even when i turn bluetooth off on my phone. A bit wierd.

Yes! Exact same issue here.
I've also noticed, a call dropped out and I lost all audio- am, fm, Bluetooth- and had to restart the whole car to fix it.
Did you ever get a fix for this?
  • 2016 GD3 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.8lt, Manual, White

Offline ThatDanoBloke

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      South Australia
Anyone else having problems with android auto no playing audio when running spotify?  Bluetooth audio works fine. No sound when plugged in via usb cable. Also my unit auto connects with my bluetooth even when i turn bluetooth off on my phone. A bit wierd.

Had this issue with:
Micom: 3.20.00 <-

Installed version from the poster's link:
Micom: 3.28.00

Reinstalled/updated Android auto on my phone, for good measure. Everything works!  :happydance:
  • 2016 GD3 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.8lt, Manual, White

Offline soududu

• 1st Gear

• Sergipe

I have this version model and I went to install the update from the manufacturer, but I did the wrong thing to turn off the car and the multimedia only got the HYUNDAI start screen and it doesn't come out of it. The photo was taken before the incident. Even inserting the pendrive with the files it does not boot. Does anyone know how to solve it? Which program to use for recovery?
  • i30 15/16

Offline MisterWarby

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Canberra
What year model is on the compliance plate?

Did you have CarPlay before the update?

• i30 2016 Active X, 5 Door Hatch 1.8 petrol Auto

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

I have this version model and I went to install the update from the manufacturer, but I did the wrong thing to turn off the car and the multimedia only got the HYUNDAI start screen and it doesn't come out of it. The photo was taken before the incident. Even inserting the pendrive with the files it does not boot. Does anyone know how to solve it? Which program to use for recovery?
Unfortunately If the head unit is bricked you'll have to take it to a Hyundai service centre.

"Note" this topic is for the Australian Cartronic head units and the software is only for these specific few models in Australia only.

Offline soududu

• 1st Gear

• Sergipe
What year model is on the compliance plate?

Did you have CarPlay before the update?

Car year 2015/2016. The multimedia has never been updated before. It didn't have CarPlay. I just need to know which program does the factory reset.
  • i30 15/16

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal