i30 Owners Club

Calcium battery ?

wooly · 4 · 1608

Offline wooly

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Tasmania
Would I be correct in assuming my PD2 has a calcium battery fitted ?

Was thumbing through the handbook and under battery recharging there is reference to a calcium battery being fitted but then on the next page is also a statement that an AGM battery could also be equipped.

The battery fitted is a Delkor CMF68L and I'm blowed if I can find a reference to it on the Delkor website to check what the chemistry of the thing is.
I wonder if Hyundai have a special battery made by Delkor for the range, it's also fitted to the wife's Tucson.
  • 2018 PD2 i30 Elite 2.0 white

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I suppose Delkor must have imported some of their batteries from Solite and put their sticker on the battery as the CMF68L is a Solite Sungwoo automotive part number and battery used in many Hyundai /Kia vehicles,  chemistry seems to be calcium type, though if it's a lead silver calcium or lead calcium it will still charge in the same way as a standard lead acid battery.

This page reference was more than likely prior to the 68L production but it gives a little information
:link: HYUNDAI SUNGWOO SOLITE
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 13:16:15 by CraigB »

Offline wooly

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Tasmania
Delkor must have imported some of their batteries from Solite and put their sticker on the battery as the CMF68L is a Solite Sungwoo automotive part number and battery used in many Hyundai /Kia

Thanks for that pointer Craig, I knew you would know.  :cool:
It appears that company mainly makes calcium batteries so that confirms the manual stating it is a calcium and not an AGM.

I need to give mine a top up with the charger after I noticed the terminal voltage was 12.23v the other day so I can select calcium mode on the charger now.
The car hasn't been used much lately and the parasitic drain is running the battery down.

• 2018 PD2 i30 Elite 2.0 white

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Not a problem Wooly :goodjob2: if you ever have to change the battery keep in mind the Bosch S4 and S5 batteries as a suitable replacement.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal