i30 Owners Club

Anyone seen the speakers yet?...

Offline i30manUK

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England
It looks to me like the speakers grilles are part of the door trim moulding, but I may be wrong. If they are part of the door trim, what's the best/safest/easiest way to remove the trim so that I can see what size the speakers are and how truly bad they are, with a view to replacing them with something that has a bit of bass to it.

Does anyone already know what size the speakers are are?

My ebay fingers are itching to get some Kappas or Kickers or something.  :shock:

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain
I don't know if this helps put here's a picture I found of the door without the trim.
Just to see how it looks   :wink:

Offline i30manUK

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England
Thanks Hemmi - that is perfect. Now I know the speakers are cr*p and I also know where the door trim stud holes are, so I can work in the right places. Did you have any problems or surprises when you took the door card off? (or is that a pic of someone else's car?)

Offline Hemmi

• V.I.P

• is Iceland
      Reykjavik, Iceland

• Reykjavik, Iceland & Monda, Spain
Quote from: "i30manUK"
Thanks Hemmi - that is perfect. Now I know the speakers are cr*p and I also know where the door trim stud holes are, so I can work in the right places. Did you have any problems or surprises when you took the door card off? (or is that a pic of someone else's car?)

it's not my car, I found it on a korean search engine  ;)

Offline i30manUK

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England
Quote from: "Hemmi"
it's not my car, I found it on a korean search engine  ;)

Offline i30manUK

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England
I've discovered that the photo of the inside of the door (above) isn't standard - the guy's fitted sound deadening material. If you want to see inside a standard door, go here... viewtopic.php?f=10&t=570

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal