i30 Owners Club

2019 Hyundai Kona

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
:link: 2019 Hyundai Kona pricing and specs | CarAdvice

:link: Hyundai Kona Specifications | Hyundai Australia

I see that the new updated Hyundai Kona is out..   

The thing that got me interested is that all models, except the base "Go" all come with what is called " Krell™ premium audio system - 8 speakers with external amplifier "
Krell is a brand that I can't say that I have heard of. But a bit of googling. They are mainly into home sound systems.
But they have done auto work with Acura in the USA..

But also I find interesting is that in the I30 PD2.  Infinity is the choice of premium audio system..  Though I think the Infinity system just adds the subwoofer & amp..
Where the Krell premium audio system has an external amplifier that powers all of the speakers in the car..

Will be interesting to hear what a "Stock" system sounds like..

Peter
  • PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for that Peter. Like you say interesting! I haven't checked out the links yet.

Because they were late to the party the Kona hasn't set the world on fire (as they hoped)  although I think it is gaining momentum. This update should help further.  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
As an aside, those plastic wheels are horrendous.

• A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Yeah Krell are pretty serious amps, if they combined the Krell amp and Infinity speakers it would be a nice setup, there would have been a speaker upgrade for the Kona anyway as it would be pointless putting in a top amp with standard speakers.

I do like the Kona but the plastic door trims are horrendous  :disapp:  I don’t know if they’ve improved that in the new update  :undecided:

Being sales were slow on the Kona I don’t think a price increase was the way for them to go  :head_butt:

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
Yeah Krell are pretty serious amps, if they combined the Krell amp and Infinity speakers it would be a nice setup, there would have been a speaker upgrade for the Kona anyway as it would be pointless putting in a top amp with standard speakers.

I do like the Kona but the plastic door trims are horrendous  :disapp:  I don’t know if they’ve improved that in the new update  :undecided:

Being sales were slow on the Kona I don’t think a price increase was the way for them to go  :head_butt:

Apparently the amp puts out around 45 watts per ch.  The speakers are different to what you will find in a std Hyundai.  They are all 2 ohm instead of 4 ohm.  8" subwoofer in the back.

I agree with the plastic door trims. It's even like that in the I30 SR.   Could of made a big improvement there
  • PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal