i30 Owners Club

Hyundai part numbers

08crd · 10 · 6224

Offline 08crd

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth, Western Australia
Hi all, new to the forum. Just bought the daughter a 2009 i30, great car , but.
The dreaded door lock actuators are playing up, the dealer wants stupid prices, so will try and source them elsewhere.
What I was wondering, does anyone know where I can get the exact part numbers from, the dealers aren't very forthcoming with info.
I have the VIN number, is there a Hyundai site that I can obtain the door lock actuator part numbers from?

Fitting them looks like a nightmare, but the info on here is great, so I will give it a go if i can get the right parts.
  • 2009 i30 2.0L

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
There are.  Ilcats is one. Problem is we are RHD. KOREA is lhd as is most of Europe leaving the UK.  You may as well  hit the wreckers
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Generally there will be a sticker with the part number on that lock assembly

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Re the nightmare, its not rocket science probably change one in half hour.
Like tw I think the best place to start is the wreckers,

Curious that you say The dreaded door lock actuators are playing up,. How many.? Its not such a common fault .
 if more than one, you should give it some thought.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Try Korean Motor Car Spares in Welshpool :link: Kia, Hyundai & Daewoo Spare Parts and Car Wreckers in Perth WA they can order new parts far cheaper than Hyundai service/parts or they stock plenty of good second hand parts.

Don't bother with Hyundai Heaven in Maddington, the owner is a complete tosspot and rip off merchant :disapp:

Offline 08crd

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth, Western Australia

Curious that you say The dreaded door lock actuators are playing up,. How many.? Its not such a common fault .

The right rear is making a grinding noise, when operating and the left front is a bit hit and miss, sometimes it unlocks then a couple of times it failed to unlock.
I haven't really investigated the exact issue as yet, but there appears to be a lot of instances on the internet, it will be great if it isn't common then a second hand part should be o.k.
I think the car has spent a lot of its life near the coast, so it could be a combination of age and corrosive environment, i'll know more when I pull the liner on the door.
As the daughter relies on me and the car a lot, I would like to get it sorted, before I go away.
Thanks for all replies, it is obviously a very  active forum, which is great news. :goodjob:
  • 2009 i30 2.0L

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

The right rear is making a grinding noise, when operating and the left front is a bit hit and miss, sometimes it unlocks then a couple of times it failed to unlock.
I haven't really investigated the exact issue as yet, but there appears to be a lot of instances on the internet, it will be great if it isn't common then a second hand part should be o.k.
I think the car has spent a lot of its life near the coast, so it could be a combination of age and corrosive environment, i'll know more when I pull the liner on the door.
As the daughter relies on me and the car a lot, I would like to get it sorted, before I go away.
Thanks for all replies, it is obviously a very  active forum, which is great news. :goodjob:
Some words of warning particularly if you think this car has seen salt.

Not sure by liner you are referring to a plastic film under the trim or the trim as the liner but under the trim is a full metal panel which is the window mechanism.

You will have the pleasure of removing window and other items like the window guides etc.

I find the rear doors a bigger pain than the fronts, you will have to remove the external handle

The window is fixed by a single bolt with a philips head. The threads tend to seize with corrosion, the screw head slots are a little shallow and large.

I recommend that you find the correct sized screwdriver that fits with no slop otherwise chances are it will slip and the head will be ruined.

I've done 2, score is 1-1, 1 win, 1 loss / total failure. The 1 I succeeeded was also nearly a disaster and only just got it out, head was still slightly damaged.

I've done 1 rear with grinding, 1 front with no locking both left hand side.

Maybe #3 Philips you will have to check

Offline 08crd

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth, Western Australia
Thanks for the heads up, I have a few miles on the clock myself and don't find things as easy as I once did.
So I'm a bit nervous, not by the complexity, just my physical ability.
Jeez it's hard to say that, in my time I've stripped and rebuilt a Mini 1275 Cooper S, several Honda 750 4's, Yamaha XS2 650 and heaps of other bikes and cars, the problem is the hand strength goes as the years pass. :(

But you have to keep challenging yourself, until you finally acknowledge you are past it.  :crazy1:
  • 2009 i30 2.0L

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
But you have to keep challenging yourself, until you finally acknowledge you are past it.  :crazy1:

:goodjob2: Keep at it, just wonder if I can get to that stage.  :cool:

Still think you can do this job in 30 mins
A large philips screw driver hangs on my workshop wall, little used, but best friend when it is.
Also the door locks are torx screw.
On the inner metal panel you will see rubber caps, pull them back and lower window ( halfway) until you see the retaining screw(s), they may be 10mm bolt. Just loosen and pull window up and inward.
plain sailing after that.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

:goodjob2: Keep at it, just wonder if I can get to that stage.  :cool:

Still think you can do this job in 30 mins
A large philips screw driver hangs on my workshop wall, little used, but best friend when it is.
Also the door locks are torx screw.
On the inner metal panel you will see rubber caps, pull them back and lower window ( halfway) until you see the retaining screw(s), they may be 10mm bolt. Just loosen and pull window up and inward.
plain sailing after that.
O no, Not the torx  :crazy2: I ain't talking about torx, getting flashbacks to Holden Astra :disapp:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal