i30 Owners Club

Recent Posts

Hi,

No I was driving down the road, it does the same if I'm parked in neutral also.

I'm tempted to put a T piece in the supply line and run both front and rear washers at the same time if it's an electrical fault of some kind, it would be the quickest fix I think!
Were you in Reverse gear?
My rear wiper operates when front wipers are on when Reverse engaged.
Sounds strange.
My Kona has automatic rear wipers if it's raining.
But the stalk gives me control over front and rear separately.
I'm at my wits end. I have a 2017 i30 PD, dual clutch transmission hatchback, and last year I had to have the entire transmission replaced after only having driven 30,000km (I am the only owner and don't drive it like an idiot). The issue was that the orange lights on the dashboard would light up, and when I put the car into reverse or drive, it would not move. Sometimes it revved, other times it did not.

The cost - which was covered by Hyundai, thankfully - was around $8000. I had to pay for labour ($800)  :blubber:

Last week, I turn my car on, I have a dashboard full of orange lights and the telltale not moving when I put it into reverse. It's undriveable because it's not safe, and I've also lost power while I've been driving (really unsafe). I'm really not sure what to do if it needs *another* replacement transmission. Has this happened to anyone else? The odometer now sits around 32,000km and I find this completely unacceptable.

Photo for reference.

Hi All,

When I wash the front windscreen the rear wipers come on at the same time, as the washer motor feeds both front and rear windows (but reverses the impeller direction to feed the rear) the rear window always runs the wiper with the window dry.

When I wash the rear window only the front wipers don't operate. (the rear washer doesn't work but that's a separate issue)

Is there something I have actuated that I can turn off or is this some kind of weird fault I'm seeing?
I’m keen to know the answer to this and am hoping someone can help Chatu.
GENERAL / Re: Did you buy enough brake fluid?
« Last post by Greyhound April 14, 2024, 18:18:03 »
Next time I go to the pub I will try "1 kilogram of your best bitter please"  :lol:
ENGINE BAY / MK1 G4FA - Accelaration pedal sensitivity
« Last post by Exelixis April 14, 2024, 12:34:35 »
Dear members,
Nice to meet you!
I write this message as i would love to read your opinions about what i am trying to find out. It's all about to get a more sensitive accelaration (gas) pedal.

I recently ordered a race chip XLR which is actually what i am trying to archive however i am very dissapointed as i realised that there is no any throttle sensor inside the car. This sensor is on the throttle body in engine bay with part number: 35170 26910.

I attach more images.

Thank you very much!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal