i30 Owners Club

How to Get Good MPG / Consuption ! Low Fuel Consumption

Offline Jancko995

• 1st Gear

• si Slovenia
      Koper

• West Part
Hello everybody

So I'm an calm economical driver, that's what economical driving is all about!

So here are the things you NEED to know / change to get you going:

- IF YOU SEE a red light / people going to cross / obsicales / that you are going to fast from the car infront of you,  SLOW DOWN or RELESE THE THROTLE!      
    I always face palm in my head when I see people keeping their foot on the throtle for NO REASON! and then go for the brakes...when ofcourse, they are forced to brake or they would crash.   If you can just predict what is going to hapen, see what's hapening around you, and set your throtle acordingly you will save FUEL and BRAKES..     
    (So next time try playing a game that you lower you usage of brakes.)

-Use the amount of throtle that bearly keeps you at your desirable speed
 I think that cars have like "throtle zones" in wich they set the enginge consuptionn/power.  There's like: "Acelerating zone" in wich you gain speed,  "Get redy engine" zone  in wich engines predicting that you will acelerate soon. In this zone you burn more fuel, than necesary.  And "Economy zone" wich you get the best of usage. This probably depend from car to car, because some cars have certain speeds  that are the best at the certain gear.    -> Like my mom's i30  is like 3rd (40km/h) 4-60km/h  ,..
     Have to say that not all cars can get to the "Economy" zone,  it depend how much does the car's coputer interfier into it. I found out this when I took the car to the mechanich for high MPG on the highway, and when I got it back,  this zone wasn the same anymore..  Now there's a big interfierenc of computer wich regulates the consuption, I can't tweak the usage that I could once.

-Get to your crusing speed fast (but not to fast)
 I think that if you do this, is beter than going slow to your wanted speed..    Never the less you should not go like metal to the pedal , so that pasengers get thrown back and forth..  But I'm open to debate on this one..  what do you think

-Other economy tips that u see on other sites :
     * Tire presure: you can inflate your tires above 0.2bar of recomendation  ..(tires are tested at much higher presures, and stil survive;)  )
     *Don't acelerate uphill , try to lower gear and maintain the speed

If you just take note of the 1st thing , you will save fuel!  SPEED KILS, if you drive easy,predict you will save money and lives! Not like other not mature people who think they are on the racetrack..

..I'm open to sugestions from you too, I'm not perfect..     
ps. dont be grama nazi!  ;)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 08:20:37 by Jancko995 »
  • I30 - 2011 (facelifted)

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Useful suggestions which we all should praise, or know :D

Quote from: Jancko995
ps. dont be grama nazi!  ;)
Can we be spelling nazis instead :lol: :P
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
This is how I get Firty's 4.1 figure, no secret or science, just method.
Years ago, when my Commodore had worn its brakepads to metal, I was forced to anticipate the need to brake over great distances. I remember how my mileage practically doubled! :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal