Window TInt Samples - Thanks to Member Craigb

Dazzler · 13 · 14547

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Just a  few pictures to give members some idea of the different shades of window tint. Please note: 35% is the darkest legal tint in most States of Australia (for the front windows). Get anything darker at your own risk.

I'm not a fan of having 35% at the front and darker at the back but here are a few samples as a guide for what to expect that to look like.

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline ibull

• 2nd Gear
Nice photos!

Would love to go 20% all around but it's gonna be a hide-n-seek with the authorities thus I scrapped that idea.
  • 2018 Hyundai i30 Wagon 1.4 T-GDi

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Nice photos!

Would love to go 20% all around but it's gonna be a hide-n-seek with the authorities thus I scrapped that idea.
I thought they were fairly relaxed with their rules in Singapore, was there last about two years ago and seen a lot of cars getting around that you wouldn't even attempt to drive here on the roads.

I enjoyed the street side cafes at 2am every morning when the boys in their Italian supercars came out every night for a squirt around on the quiet streets, there is no better sound :D
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 09:51:17 by CraigB »

Offline ibull

• 2nd Gear
Nice photos!

I thought they were fairly relaxed with their rules in Singapore, was there last about two years ago and seen a lot of cars getting around that you wouldn't even attempt to drive here on the roads.

I enjoyed the street side cafes at 2am every morning when the boys in their Italian supercars came out every night for a squirt around on the quiet streets, there is no better sound :D
To be legal, we need 70% light visibility for windscreen and driver/front passenger and 25% light visibility for the rest.

70% is really not cool looking
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 09:52:00 by CraigB »
  • 2018 Hyundai i30 Wagon 1.4 T-GDi

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
To be legal, we need 70% light visibility for windscreen and driver/front passenger and 25% light visibility for the rest.

70% is really not cool looking
Interesting, we're not allowed to tint windscreens here unfortunately :( having the windscreen tinted would reduce the overall light entry into the car so I guess that's why your other windows aren't allowed to be as dark.

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Wow - 70% for drivers/passenger front is nasty, that hardly tinted at all.
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Offline andrich

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
Iv had 20% on all my cars and never had an issue (with visibility or the police) and thats in Sydney.
Thats also one some heavily modified cars (BA xr6t, Focus xr5t and FG xr8).

Personally i wouldnt bother with 35%....Anything less then 20% is stupid but i feel its the happy medium.
Administrator Comment This is not the "official" view of this forum - We will not be held liable for anyone taking this advice and being fined or stickered.
  • 2017 PD SR premium in White

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
Mine is 35% Front side & 20% rear side & rear hatch windows.

Tint-a-Car Octane as shown in the original post

• PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Iv had 20% on all my cars and never had an issue (with visibility or the police) and thats in Sydney.

Personally i wouldnt bother with 35%....Anything less then 20% is stupid but i feel its the happy medium.
I wouldn't say it's stupid to have anything less, 20% is just for looks and the efficiency of blocking UV is no better than 35%.

If people only want the sun blocking effectiveness then 35% is just fine though it does look better keeping the one shade all round imo but each to their own, I've always used 20% on my vehicles though it can also be a risk for those who attract attention to themselves giving reason for the police to get picky, young drivers with a cocky attitude would soon be given a yellow licky.

Offline andrich

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW

I wouldn't say it's stupid to have anything less, 20% is just for looks and the efficiency of blocking UV is no better than 35%.

If people only want the sun blocking effectiveness then 35% is just fine though it does look better keeping the one shade all round imo but each to their own, I've always used 20% on my vehicles though it can also be a risk for those who attract attention to themselves giving reason for the police to get picky, young drivers with a cocky attitude would soon be given a yellow licky.

I think you misunderstood what i meant by "stupid". By less i meant when people go for 10% or even 5%. Thats just stupid coz it becomes a safety hazard when you cant see properly at night.
In terms of 20 or 35% the difference is mainly for the aesthetics. I just feel that 20% is the best compromise and is a better option then 35
cheers
  • 2017 PD SR premium in White

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I recently paid $100 (extra) to have my tint done with Ceramic Film on my new Camry. Even in Spring in Tasmania I can tell the difference in how much less heat is coming through the windows on a sunny day. Highly recommended.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Looks good Dazz, and the new wheels :goodjob2:

Was that the Spectre ceramic tint? looks like the darker 20% all round :undecided:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Looks good Dazz, and the new wheels :goodjob2:

Was that the Spectre ceramic tint? looks like the darker 20% all round :undecided:

Thanks Craig. I just said it had to be darkest legal and ceramic. Not sure of brand.  :cool:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal