i30 Owners Club

parking the car in such a way that none of the wheels can rotate? PD 7-DCT

Mark70 · 3 · 1046

Offline Mark70

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
After watching this kind of "tow away" video it makes me think whether all 4 wheels of an i30 (PD with DCT) can be locked/braked when parked, or whether "just the front" or "just the rear" wheels are the ones that don't move.
My previous car was a Citroen C4 with a semi auto gearbox, which didn't mind the car being left in 1st gear when parked, which totally locked both front wheels completely, and the handbrake too care of both rear wheels.  I did need get this car towed (after the car was broken into and all the wiring in the steering column destroyed making the key unusable too) and the tow guys had real trouble even pulling the car onto their flatbed truck because both the wheels were locked. (the rear wheels were allowed to move once the handbrake was released)
Is there any way to park an i30 (PD/DCT/e-brake) in this way too? (Parked in such a way that all four wheels just don't turn?)
I want to make it very difficult for anybody to just tow my car away.
  • MY2018, 2017, PD, Premium, 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6 Turbo, DCT, White

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
In park with the handbrake on is all you can do, if towies need too they will break the drivers window if they cant drag it, though most flat bed tow trucks wont have any problem dragging a vehicle up with locked wheels.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Don't think you can remove key ( if you have one)  unless in park.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal