• Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
hey Dazz , bit of a disappointing write up as just keeps on talking about weight , I was hopping he would give a run down on how far he got before needing to recharge & how long the recharge took. then how far he got on his return home trip as much more up hill on way home. what he is not taking into account is , can the transmission & diff & brakes, handle the extra wear & tear from towing. my neabour I had at Narooma got a larger caravan than that one towed with a new Izusu 4WD Double cab, him & wife used it twice & rest of the time it was in his way, so he sold it & told me he would rather stay in Motels.
Dazz how long ago was that? As I saw a Dodge Ram towing a wagon with small caravan up the big hill on kings highway before Braidwood was just before Xmas & before the fires. also before the Virus.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

hey Dazz , bit of a disappointing write up as just keeps on talking about weight , I was hopping he would give a run down on how far he got before needing to recharge & how long the recharge took. then how far he got on his return home trip as much more up hill on way home. what he is not taking into account is , can the transmission & diff & brakes, handle the extra wear & tear from towing. my neabour I had at Narooma got a larger caravan than that one towed with a new Izusu 4WD Double cab, him & wife used it twice & rest of the time it was in his way, so he sold it & told me he would rather stay in Motels.
Dazz how long ago was that? As I saw a Dodge Ram towing a wagon with small caravan up the big hill on kings highway before Braidwood was just before Xmas & before the fires. also before the Virus.

Are you sure you read it all.. he does talk about range and charging etc..? Published 25th March and he says recently...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales

Are you sure you read it all.. he does talk about range and charging etc..? Published 25th March and he says recently...

Sorry Dazz I just checked, was boring with all the weight talk. the range was about what I expected, but stopping for a charge and Batemans Bay after only 70km shows he was worried about the power it would use up the hills. how much are they new? the guy I thought was buying a Nissan Leaf. did not buy it as his wife said the Hybrid Corrola was good enough & she would not part with her yarris. he was hopping to give her the corolla and get himself the Leaf. I spoke to them at fathers 100th

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Sorry Dazz I just checked, was boring with all the weight talk. the range was about what I expected, but stopping for a charge and Batemans Bay after only 70km shows he was worried about the power it would use up the hills. how much are they new? the guy I thought was buying a Nissan Leaf. did not buy it as his wife said the Hybrid Corrola was good enough & she would not part with her yarris. he was hopping to give her the corolla and get himself the Leaf. I spoke to them at fathers 100th

Reecho who I also tagged paid around $70;000 for his top of the range EV Kona Highlander I think? Believe the entry level is still over 60k on the road. Hard to justify paying  over double what we did for Trish's little pocket rocket!

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW

@Lakes
Say what !! , your Dad's 100th  :victory:
You didn't mention that the other week. 
Congrats to your dad.
Just for him :
 :cake: :hb27a :hb16a :hb12a
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
enigma will enjoy this for different reasons.

:winker:

The catalyst for this story appears to be:  Scott Morrison’s warning: “I’ll tell you what – it (an EV) is not going to tow your trailer … It’s not going to get you out to your favourite camping spot … Bill Shorten wants to end the weekend”.

I was always mystified that this statement was never challenged.  Morrison has proved that he is not the sharpest knife in the draw and remains willfully ignorant of any scientific wisdom.

Electric motors have high torque and are the most efficient hauling device. This why trains are powered by electric motors. Diesel - electric is used for long range hauling.

The Kona , like any small vehicle has a gross mass which limits its legal hauling weight, even though the motor ( electric or petrol) will be able to haul a much greater weight.
Some Dodge Rams are similarly limited; the 1500 is a girl's truck, the 2500 is able to haul about 4 ton ( from memory) and the 3500 'dually' is made for the red-neck MAN.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:D you got me a good one there Gary! I had to scroll down and check who I tagged!  :crazy1: :snigger:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal